The Stavros Niarchos Foundation continues to provide assistance in easing the effects of the socioeconomic crisis in Greece by approving 21 new grants.
In particular, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Board of Directors continues to support efforts to provide relief for Greek society, which is affected by the crisis, by approving 21 new grants, totaling €8,214,500 ($10,924,278). The various not for profit organizations that are receiving funding under the Foundation’s ongoing three year €100.000.000 ($130.000.000) initiative assist people and communities across the country to recover from the crisis.
Including today’s new grants, the Foundation has committed a total of €53,703,000 ($69,000,000) from the beginning of 2012 as part of the initiative, in order to support the programs and activities of numerous not for profit organizations throughout Greece, while it continues to evaluate several other organizations for potential future funding.
The list of the 21 new organizations, by area of activity, is as follows:
- Agia Anna
- * Center of Rehabilitation & Recovery of Disabled Children of Karditsa
- Child Protection Center of Irakleio
- Child Protection Center of Lasithi
- Diogenis NGO
- Ethical & Religious Association Evangelistis Loukas Girl’s Orphanage
- “Pammakaristos” Children’s Foundation
- Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina
- Holy Metropolis of Lampe, Syvritos and Sfakia
- Holy Metropolis of Piraeus
- Konstantopoulion Nursing Home
- Social Support Center of Kilkis
Health and Medicine
Arts & Culture
* The grants to the National Emergency Center and the Center of Rehabilitation and Recovery of Disabled Children of Karditsa are carried out in collaboration with the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation.