Child Protection Center of Lasithi

Program support
For the employment of one psychologist over a period of two years. 

The Child Protection Center of Lasithi is a public institution that was founded in 1947 as a Housekeeping School, housing solely girls who were taught an art, namely weaving and embroidery. From 1967 to 1979, it operated as a boarding house for boys and in 1970 it was renamed National Solidarity Institution. In November 2012, following the restructuring of the Social Solidarity Institutions, it was renamed Child Protection Center of Lasithi, The aim of the Center is to provide permanent accommodation, protection, education, social and medical care, psychological and legal support solely to unprotected and neglected boys. The ultimate goal is to prevent and remedy the effects of the socio-economic exclusion experienced by the children in order to be prepared for an independent adult life.