A year after our first DIALOGUES event on the topic, we re-opened the discussion on journalism. Acknowledging that there is a global crisis in the field, journalists from Greece and abroad reflected on the problem and exchanged ideas for new models and tools, the role of technology, and the resources for financing journalistic ventures.
The DIALOGUES event took place as part of the 24-hour kick off of iMEdD, a nonprofit organization founded in 2018 with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with a mission of promoting transparency, credibility, independence, meritocracy, and excellence in journalism.
- Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President, SNF
- Iliana Magra, Journalist, The New York Times
- Bertrand Pecquerie, CEO, Global Editors Network
- Marija Ristic, Regional Director, Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
- Tasos Telloglou, Journalist
In addition, Antonis Diamataris, the Publisher of The National Herald, also contributed to the discussion.
The discussion between the speakers and the public was coordinated by journalist and iMEdD Managing Director Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou.