The SNF’s Health Initiative is structured around seven projects. Each project addresses funding priorities issued by the Greek Health Ministry, based on the most pressing needs of the country’s Health sector, with a budget expected to exceed $240 million.
The Contract defines the contractual framework, the general terms and conditions under which the SNF will implement the grant Initiative. It will be followed by the ratification of individual grant contracts for each of the seven projects, regulating the specific terms and conditions for their implementation.
The SNF’s Health Initiative includes the following projects:
• The design, the construction and the outfitting of a new building for the General Hospital of Komotini
• The design, the construction and the outfitting of a Children’s Hospital in Thessaloniki
• The design, the construction and the outfitting of a building to be erected in the current location of the Sisters’ House and Nursing Sisters’ buildings on the premises of the General Hospital “Evangelismos”, in Athens. The building will serve as the Chair of the University of Athens’ Faculty of Nursing
• The procurement and the installation of equipment for the General Hospital “Evangelismos”
• The procurement of new equipment, as well as the maintenance of existing equipment, with the aim of strengthening the capability and efficiency of the National Center for Emergency Care’s (EKAV) air ambulance services
• The procurement and the installation of special medical equipment (PET – Positron emission tomography and the creation of radiopharmaceutical production units) in selected public medical institutions across the country
• Funding the creation and the implementation of educational programs regarding hospital infections and the treatment of trauma
Upon the Contract’s ratification, a nonprofit Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) will be established to undertake the coordination, management and implementation of the projects until their delivery to the Greek State.
From the project’s initial conception, the SNF has been committed to providing regular quarterly updates for the timely and comprehensive information of all citizens on the progress of the Initiative’s implementation. The 1st update was published on June 20th, 2018, and included the preliminary design approaches for the infrastructure projects, prepared by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW), while the 2nd update is scheduled to be published within the next days.