The new linac will begin its clinical operations in two months, providing key radiotherapy treatment for cancer patients in the surrounding areas.
So far the installation of new linear accelerators has been completed in the following hospitals:
• University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli
• General University Hospital of Larissa
• General University Hospital of Patras (Rio)
• University Hospital of Heraklion (clinical operation of accelerator has begun)
• Theagenio Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki (clinical operation of accelerator has begun)
Supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the Radiotherapy Program, totaling €20 million, supports the replacement of 10 obsolete linear accelerators in a total of 7 public hospitals in Greece. The new, state-of-the-art equipment will significantly improve the treatment of cancer patients throughout the country.
To read more about the program, click here.