The Foundation’s program includes the replacement of obsolete linear accelerators in public hospitals around the country, with ten new, state-of-the-art and high precision linear accelerators.
The award ceremony took place during the 16th Greek Radiation Oncology Conference, which was organized from June, 23rd – 25th, 2017 in Thessaloniki.
The implementation of the grant is already underway at some of the hospitals, whereas the SNF’s total contribution stands at €20 million and includes the replacement of linear accelerators at the following institutions:
• Athens General Hospital “Alexandra”: 1 linear accelerator
• Attikon University General Hospital: 2 linear accelerators (replacement and addition)
• University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli: 1 linear accelerator
• General University Hospital of Larissa: 1 linear accelerator
• General University Hospital of Patras (Rio): 1 linear accelerator
• University Hospital of Heraklion: 2 linear accelerators
• Theagenio Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki: 2 linear accelerators
For more information, click here.