02 MAY 2015 / Mount Sinai Queens promotes its Capital Expansion Campaign

On May 1st, Mount Sinai Queens introduced the Capital Expansion Campaign for the new and expanded facilities of the hospital in Astoria, Queens to potential donors and leaders of the local community. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation was an early supporter of the expansion, with a grant for the new Emergency Department.

The Mount Sinai Medical Center, which encompasses the Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai School of Medicine, was founded in 1852 and has since been considered a leader in patient care, education, and research.  The facility which is now Mount Sinai Queens became part of the Mount Sinai Medical Center in 1999.  It serves a critical role in the medically underserved community of Western Queens.

For more information on this grant, click here.