The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports a permanently endowed Fellowship in the Academy named Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship.
The British Institute of International Affairs was founded in London in July 1920 and received its Royal Charter in 1926 to become The Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House). The Institute is an independent international affairs think-tank and membership organization whose mission is to be a world-leading source of independent analysis, informed debate and influential ideas on how to build a prosperous and secure world for all.
In the ceremony that took place on November 18th, the Queen removed a brick from the wall between Chatham House and the adjacent Ames House and unveiled a plaque to commemorate the day. The removal of the brick symbolizes the start of a process that will connect the two buildings which, together, will formally house the Academy. The Queen and the Duke also met institute staff, Academy Fellows and guests, including SNF representatives.