The Stavros Niarchos Foundation continues its efforts to provide assistance against the troubling consequences of the lingering socioeconomic crisis. During the recent bi-annual meeting, the Foundation/s Board of Directors approved 11 new grants totaling €5,666,815 ($7,395,682), as part of its three year-long initiative of €100,000,000; above and beyond its regular global grantmaking.
Since the beginning of the initiative in January 2012, the Foundation has approved 170 grants to multiple non-profit organizations around the country, focusing on social welfare support and the most vulnerable populations. Including the 11 new grants the Foundation has committed a total of €57,983,000 ($74,744,000) in support of a wide variety of programs. The Foundation's €100,000,000 initiative is implemented in addition to SNF's standard grantmaking activities.
The list of the 11 new organizations, by area of activity, is as follows:
- Agapis Melathron Agios Charambos
- Cerebral Palsy Greece
- Hellenic Sports Club for Psychically Disabled (PASKA)
- Friends of Argo – Alternative Therapeutic Program for Dependent Individuals
- Program Support for Visually Impaired People
- Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children of Voula
- Zanneio Child Care Institution & Education
Health & Medicine
Arts & Culture