The new wing, which is adjacent to the main Hospital building, covers an area of 300 m2, and will house the Department of Pediatrics, which includes a short-term care unit, the Department of Obstetrics, Administrative Services, CT-Scan Tomography equipment, and a Medical Library. The extension allows the Hospital’s main building to add much-needed additional space, and most importantly to treat children and adults in separate areas. The Foundation’s grant was realized through the non-profit organization, Patient’s Friends Association, which was founded to provide multifaceted support to the hospital.
The General Hospital of Lixouri, Mantzavinateio, was established with funds from the bequest of the late Panages and Antonia Mantzavinatos, and has been in operation since 1957. The hospital services the entire population of the Municipality of Paliki, approximately 8,000 people. The population triples during the summer tourist months. The hospital receives approximately 27,000 visits annually, 4,000 of which are pediatric-related cases.
For more information on this grant, click here.