The field measures the incredible diversity of human thought, creativity, and enterprise, as well as a sense of common humanity shared across continents and millennia.
Providing support to Hellenic studies programs at universities around the world has been a significant and sustained focus for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). The Foundation’s aim has been to help create robust hubs of scholarship in the field—through which scholars from many related disciplines work together, conduct research, and engage the public—and to encourage international collaboration across institutions.
Among many other projects in the field, SNF has provided support for Hellenic studies at:
- The University of California Los Angeles, United States: The SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
- Simon Fraser University, Canada: The SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom: Late Antique and Byzantine Studies
- Yale University, United States: The SNF Center for Hellenic Studies
- McGill University, Canada: McGill Modern Greek Studies
- Koç University, Turkey: The SNF Center for Late Antique and Byzantine Studies
- University of Notre Dame, United States: Byzantine Studies
- Freie Universität Berlin, Germany: The Center for Modern Greece
- Brown University, United States: Modern Greek Studies
- King’s College London, United Kingdom: The Koraes Chair of Modern Greek and Byzantine History, Language and Literature