- FROM GREECE TO THE WORLD
- YEAR OF GRANT
- CATEGORYARTS & CULTURE
- ORGANIZATION LOCATIONBaltimore, Maryland
- GRANT LOCATIONMaryland, U.S.A.
- ORGANIZATION WEBSITEwww.thewalters.org
For enhanced interpretive offerings and programs to further engage visitors in the Greek galleries. The educational materials and activities include:
• Collections Connections handouts (laminated cards) to encourage visitors to explore other galleries in the Walters that show works that have been influenced by ancient Greece.
• A Walters’ ArtCart store with a selection of puzzles, costumes, drawing kits, magnetic storyboards, art activities, etc. specifically devoted to Greek themes.
• A free Family Guide for the Greek collection.
• Collections-related books in the Greek galleries for learning and enjoyment.
• Teacher resource kits that include compact disks and slides (or transparencies) of ten images from the collection and object descriptions.
• The 2006 Family Festival to introduce visitors to the art and culture of ancient Greece.