Pedopolis “Agios Andreas”

Renovation and operating support
A part of the Foster Care Institution Support Program

The grant includes the hiring of two nursery nurses for one year, and the installment of aluminum window frames in the children’s dormitories.

Pedopolis “Agios Andreas” (St. Andrew Children’s Town) was founded in 1947 under the name “Anarrotirio Paidon” (Children’s Sanatorium), and has been known by its current name since 1970. It is a public institution, which comes under the jurisdiction of the 1st Regional Healthcare Administration of Attica. It is managed by a five-member Board of Directors, whose members are selected by the Minister of Health & Social Solidarity.

The Center’s mission is to provide care, education and training for unprotected children without a family. It currently accommodates 29 children, boys and girls, ages 3-12 years old. The Center operates a foster care program, with placements all over Greece.