- YEAR OF GRANT
- CATEGORYHEALTH & SPORTS
- ORGANIZATION LOCATIONSutton
- GRANT LOCATIONUNITED KINGDOM
- ORGANIZATION WEBSITEwww.icr.ac.uk
For two three-year research projects, as follows:
- For efficient radiotherapy treatments for lung cancer patients through the development of the Calypso system, which uses radio waves and allows for a more targeted treatment by means of using radio beacons implanted in the affected organ.
- For research to treat children’s brain cancer, focusing on the development of new therapies for children diagnosed with glioma. The aim is to identify the genes that are driving the development of these cancers as well as,those allowing the tumors to become resistant to therapy.
The Institute of Cancer Research is one of the world’s leading cancer research organizations. Their mission is to relieve human suffering by pursuing excellence in the fight against cancer.