Holy Metropolitan Church of Imvros and Tenedos

Renovation
For renovations to the Holy Metropolitan Church of the Virgin Mary.
 
The Holy Metropolitan Church of the Virgin Mary, dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, was built in 1835 as a parish church in the town of the Virgin Mary (Merkez).

In 1905, when the capital of Imvros moved from Kally Koy to Merkez, all public buildings, including the church administration authorities, were transferred to tο a neoclassic building next to the Church of the Virgin Mary. Since then, the parish church has operated as the Holy Metropolitan Church. The complex functions as the religious center of Imvros and  represents the spirit of Hellenism still present on the island.