Greek Orthodox Community of Milton Keynes and the Surrounding Districts

Church purchase

For acquiring the former Anglican Church of St. Mary, Stony Stratford in order to provide a home for the Greek Church, the Greek School and the Community’s social requirements. The 270 square meter building was constructed in 1863 and designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott.

Established in 1989 and endowed with charity status since 2007, the Greek Orthodox Community of Milton Keynes and the Surrounding Districts promotes the religious and cultural welfare of Greek Orthodox people in Milton Keynes. The Community provides monthly church services, organizes events, and hosts a weekly Greek school for children ages 5-16. The Community also provides Greek language classes for adults and members having an interest in Greek culture.