General Hospital of Athens Alexandra

Renovation & Equipment

The grant supports the execution of major reconstruction works for the Day Clinics, Outpatient Unit, Emergency Department, Breast Cancer Clinic, and the 1st Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic, as well as the purchase of equipment.  These works and the relevant equipment will significantly upgrade the services provided, as well as the overall operation of the Hospital. 

The General Hospital of Athens Alexandra was established in 1954, initially as a Maternity Hospital and later as a Maternity & Obstetrics - Gynecological Hospital. It has a capacity of more than 350 beds and more than 1,000 staff members.