Child Protection Center of Irakleio

Program support
For the employment of one part-time psychologist over a period of two years. 

The Child Protection Center of Irakleio is a public institution that was founded in 1922 as a National Orphanage and Boarding House for destitute students. In 1934, it was converted to a Child Care Center and in November 2011, following the restructuring of the Social Solidarity Institutions, it was renamed Child Protection Center of Irakleio. It is housed in a building which was donated to the state in 1934 by the Philanthropic Foundation of Andrea and Maria Kalokairinou, in order to accommodate orphaned children. The Center now targets solely girls who are unprotected, and are deprived of family care, either because they have no family or because their family is unable to meet their needs. It provides care, upbringing, permanent accommodation, food, clothing, medical care, education and vocational rehabilitation to these children.