- 30 OCTOBER 2019 / DIALOGUES: Cruelty toward Animals
How is animal cruelty defined? How do we respond to it? How did Greece come to be among the countries with the highest incidence rates of animal cruelty?
- 25 SEPTEMBER 2019 / DIALOGUES: Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki: History, Art, Politics, Culture, People. On Wednesday, September 25, the SNF DIALOGUES travelled to Thessaloniki, exploring its characterization as the “new Berlin,” looking toward its future, and examining the coexistence of old and new there.
- 28 AUGUST 2019 / DIALOGUES: Sleepless in Athens
This August, the SNF DIALOGUES stayed up late in Athens, at Mavili Square. We met at the center of Athens for a summer’s night out, in a public space that has meant a lot for generations of Athenians.
- 13 JULY 2019 / DIALOGUES: Back to the Roots
What is the value of our roots? How easily do we find our way back to them? On the occasion of the “Vamvakou Revival Project,” the July DIALOGUES travelled to Vamvakou, a village built on the western side of the highest peak of Mount Parnon.
- 26 JUNE 2019 / DIALOGUES: Talking (and Listening) Across Divides
Αs part of the SNF’s monthly DIALOGUES series, Johns Hopkins University co-organized the 2nd SNF Agora Institute Workshop. The event was held on June 26th from 09:00 am to 01:30 pm at the Stavros Niarchos Hall of the Greek National Opera, SNFCC.
- 16 MAY 2019 / DIALOGUES: From Africa
Culture, human rights, standard of living, economic activity, customs and traditions of the people of the second largest continent in the world formed the basis of discussion for SNF’s May DIALOGUES event.
- 17 APRIL 2019 / DIALOGUES: Europe: Challenges, Dilemmas, and Brexit
The challenges and dilemmas facing Europe in the lead-up to the European elections in May formed the basis of discussion for SNF’s April DIALOGUES event.
- 27 MARCH 2019 / DIALOGUES: The History of Rebetiko
In the March installment of the DIALOGUES series, we embarked on a retrospective journey on the history of rebetiko.
- 15 FEBRUARY 2019 / DIALOGUES: Journalism, the Day After
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation presented the February installment of the monthly DIALOGUES series, dedicated to JOURNALISM: The Day After. The event took place on February 15th.