- 26 FEBRUARY 2020 / DIALOGUES: Population Aging: New Data and New Challenges
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) DIALOGUES discussed the population aging, new data, and the unprecedented challenges posed by long-term population decline in Greece.
- 29 JANUARY 2020 / DIALOGUES: Climate Change
The effects of our present climate emergency are becoming increasingly evident in innumerable aspects of life on Earth. Increasing global temperatures, rising sea levels, extreme weather phenomena, ocean acidification, melting ice, and depletion of glaciers threaten food production, make certain coastal areas uninhabitable, drive species to extinction, and lead to the forcible displacement of human and animal populations.
- 18 DECEMBER 2019 / DIALOGUES: You Tube: Its Own Parallel Universe
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) DIALOGUES discussed YouTube and how it became the largest video platform in the world.
- 27 NOVEMBER 2019 / DIALOGUES: In the Shadow of a Prime Minister
There are times when an image becomes a touchstone of news reporting, when a single photo captures a dynamic situation or a national mood better than words possibly could.
- 30 OCTOBER 2019 / DIALOGUES: Cruelty toward Animals
How is animal cruelty defined? How do we respond to it? How did Greece come to be among the countries with the highest incidence rates of animal cruelty?
- 25 SEPTEMBER 2019 / DIALOGUES: Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki: History, Art, Politics, Culture, People. On Wednesday, September 25, the SNF DIALOGUES travelled to Thessaloniki, exploring its characterization as the “new Berlin,” looking toward its future, and examining the coexistence of old and new there.
- 28 AUGUST 2019 / DIALOGUES: Sleepless in Athens
This August, the SNF DIALOGUES stayed up late in Athens, at Mavili Square. We met at the center of Athens for a summer’s night out, in a public space that has meant a lot for generations of Athenians.
- 13 JULY 2019 / DIALOGUES: Back to the Roots
What is the value of our roots? How easily do we find our way back to them? On the occasion of the “Vamvakou Revival Project,” the July DIALOGUES travelled to Vamvakou, a village built on the western side of the highest peak of Mount Parnon.
- 26 JUNE 2019 / DIALOGUES: Talking (and Listening) Across Divides
Αs part of the SNF’s monthly DIALOGUES series, Johns Hopkins University co-organized the 2nd SNF Agora Institute Workshop. The event was held on June 26th from 09:00 am to 01:30 pm at the Stavros Niarchos Hall of the Greek National Opera, SNFCC.