- Penn finds Αncient Ιnspiration for the Education of Modern Citizens
In a city whose name is drawn from the Greek for “brotherly love,” perhaps it’s only natural to turn to ancient Greece for inspiration.
- Rebetiko 101: A Playlist
If you're new to rebetiko, the first thing you should know is that a "Rebetiko 101" playlist is antithetical to the spirit of the music.
- Vamvakou Revival: They’ve got Big Plans for this Small Village
Across Europe, small rural towns have been losing population as young people move away to seek opportunity in cities.
- Strengthening Greece’s Arsenal in the Battle against Cancer
For Katie Theodorou, it’s cooking magazines. “I find that a waiting room with cooking magazines can be comforting.”
- SNF Gives Journalists a Boost
There’s broad consensus that journalism—and journalists—around the world are facing unprecedented challenges.
- Mobile Medical Units: Moving Heaven and Earth to Offer Free Medical Help
Four to 20 hours by sea. This is the length of the journey required, in certain cases, for a simple examination at a diagnostic center.
- Redefining Leadership with the Tällberg Foundation
As a term, leadership is often used, but seldom meaningfully defined. As a quality, it is much sought-after but hard to identify.
- Both on Track: Tiny F1 Cars and STEM Education
With a sudden puff of air, months of hard work flash by in an instant.
- Partnering with the Barça Foundation for Net Progress
There’s no substitute for good teammates.