- Everyone deserves a chance to grow through education. Unfortunately, this chance is denied to many women with criminal convictions, who struggle to access education during their incarceration or upon release.
- This text was written in a living room five kilometers away from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) office in Athens, but it could have been written anywhere—on a remote island, on a mountaintop.
- “Never doubt the power of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens to change the world; in fact, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- SNF supports Broad Street Ministry in providing vital food aid to vulnerable populations in Philadelphia, a mission the pandemic has made simultaneously more necessary and more difficult than ever.
- One of my favorite pastimes during the COVID-19 confinement in Greece has been walking around to the spots of my city I love the most and enjoying the view, uninterrupted by other passersby, cars, or the noises of other activities happening around.
Pakistani arachnids, Svalbard fossils, and ancient Sudanese carvings: The Constantine S. Niarchos Expeditions at the American Museum of Natural HistoryIt’s hiding in frigid polar waters or in sunbaked fossil beds. It’s darting between trees in tropical rainforests or waiting patiently for tens of millions of years at the place where two continents meet.
- “Every city should have an entity like Philadelphia Mural Arts,” writes SNF Program Officer Kira Pritchard.
- Think back to when you were a teenager. Where did you go for information on awkward topics? What sources did you trust?
- BEEF IS ART flashes on screen. What this means is crystal clear: a new era has begun for contemporary art in Greece.