- Arcturos: Providing for Bear Necessities
Arcturos, meaning “Guardian of the Bear” in ancient Greek, works for the conservation of bears and the protection of their natural habitat in the mountainous region of Florina in northern Greece.
- A Company where Inclusive Employment Is the Fashion
855 kilometers is roughly the distance from Paris to Berlin. It’s also the length of fabric ethical fashion brand Progetto Quid has given new life, while empowering disadvantaged groups through employment.
- Boroume: Saving food to save people from hunger
Our journey with Boroume (which means “we can”) started in 2011—at the peak of the Greek financial and socioeconomic crisis.
- Theater of War Productions: Confronting hard truths through theater
I watched from afar, in France, the brutality of recent incidents of racial injustice in the U.S. and the demonstrations they ignited.
- Weaving Ιntergenerational Τies for Stronger Social Fabric
What made a 1995 heat wave in Chicago ten times deadlier for older people in one neighborhood than in a similar one right next door—and what could this mean for our current public health crisis?
- College & Community Fellowship: Helping women with criminal convictions earn college degrees
Everyone deserves a chance to grow through education. Unfortunately, this chance is denied to many women with criminal convictions, who struggle to access education during their incarceration or upon release.
- When conditions change, so do you
This text was written in a living room five kilometers away from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) office in Athens, but it could have been written anywhere—on a remote island, on a mountaintop.
- Dynamic Groups of Women Effect Change in Provincial Areas
“Never doubt the power of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens to change the world; in fact, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- Broad Street Ministry Practices Radical Hospitality in Philadelphia
SNF supports Broad Street Ministry in providing vital food aid to vulnerable populations in Philadelphia, a mission the pandemic has made simultaneously more necessary and more difficult than ever.