Canals? Drones? Mars getaways? Imagine the Future of Cities with an Immersive Model from Chatham House’s SNF CoLabA public fountain that doubles as a drinking fountain. Urban waterways to cope with rising seas. A Mars Expo advertising a five-year emigration scheme for the Red Planet.
- Robust civil discourse and civic engagement are key pillars of democracy worldwide. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) aims to help create platforms for open discussion on critical issues and to educate active and informed citizens.
- More than 800 women around the world die each day of preventable causes connected to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Humans are storytellers, and the stories we tell can help us understand our collective past, celebrate our individual experiences, and recognize our shared humanity.
- In mid-September 2020, a Mediterranean cyclone appeared in Greece for the first time. Large swaths of the country, from the southern Ionian to the Sporades and Crete, were faced with heavy winds, torrential rain, and flooding.
- From the youngest children learning to read to older adults gaining new skills, access to education is essential.
- Since prehistory, stories, shared in every possible format, have formed the basis of human communication.
- When the lockdowns began in Greece a year ago, attention turned first, naturally, to the medical situation: COVID-19 patients, people on ventilators, the doctors and nurses fighting on the front lines of the health crisis.
- Hellenic studies can offer a lens for understanding our globalized world, a window into how knowledge is created and debated, a cipher that helps us decode and contextualize the traces of Greek culture all around us.