- A Dispatch from United World Schools: How UWS is Revitalizing Education in Cambodia and Nepal
The Covid-19 pandemic has had an enormous impact on the education sector, affecting the lives of 1.6 billion students globally.
- Historic Baltimore Movie Palace Has New Life as a Civic Space Offering Film for Everyone
“It's a rare jewel,” says Sandra L. Gibson of the building.
- Addressing the Pandemic’s Impact on Women and Girls around the World
Around the globe, the pandemic has severely affected women and girls, exacerbating existing inequalities and creating repercussions in education, economic opportunity, health, and the home.
- Angels of Joy: Bringing Human Connection to Institutional Settings
“The secret to this hug, this shift in A.’s behavior, was that we gave him love and care; we listened to him, we paid attention and, most of all, we saw him as who he was: a child.”
- Bridging the Gap between Academic Research and the Market in Greece
Self-healing concrete, which naturally fills any tiny gaps that form over time, could be the future of the building material. But first, there’s a bigger gap that needs to be overcome: that between academic research taking place in the lab and products available on the market.
- SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos in Conversation on the Pandemic, Philanthropy, and Where Society is Headed
In a series of conversations with distinguished interlocutors, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos shares insights on what the pandemic has revealed, what this means for our hopes for a brighter collective future, and what role philanthropy might play in bringing that future about.
- Socially Aware Artistic Ensembles
For five years, the Greek National Opera (GNO)’s Educational & Social Activities, launched through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), have offered a rich program of artistic and participatory learning activities for kids, teenagers, schools, adults, seniors, amateur and professional artists from Athens and across Greece, and people with sensory and motor disabilities.
- Bambini Senza Sbarre: Humanizing Connections between Children and Incarcerated Parents
Children with incarcerated parents should enjoy the same rights as other children. It’s a principle that drives Bambini Senza Sbarre’s work in Italy, and a principle that, thanks in part to their efforts, is now incorporated into policy guidelines across Europe.
- The Teams Helping Get Young New Yorkers through the Pandemic
“I cannot wait to get in the gym with my teammates and my coaches,” says Grace Sundback. It’s a particularly challenging time for young people in New York, with school schedules, social lives, and—particularly in underserved communities—support networks upended indefinitely.