- It’s “the most difficult job a dog can do,” but the Lara Guide Dog School for the Blind provides the intensive and time-consuming preparation dogs need for this crucial role. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is proud to help our partner open new worlds for people with visual impairments.
- Steadfast support from an adult mentor can be a transformative force in a young person’s life, but how do you maintain that support in the face of a pandemic that requires people to stay apart?
- “This grant and the team’s support are enabling our business to continue and expand a sustainable distribution system for the Community Supported Agriculture program that we launched during COVID when farms across our community experienced a severe drop in revenues,” said Kea Keolanui of O.K. Farms in Hilo, Hawaii.
- The Day of the African Child, is marked today, June 16, to turn the world’s attention to the experiences of children in Africa, with a particular focus on educational gaps that remain to be filled.
- “I was scared. If you hadn’t found me, I wouldn’t know where to go,” said one of the refugee children supported by the nonprofit organization Faros.
- Art is essential—it helps us reflect on what it means to be human and connect with one another across difference.
Canals? Drones? Mars getaways? Imagine the Future of Cities with an Immersive Model from Chatham House’s SNF CoLabA public fountain that doubles as a drinking fountain. Urban waterways to cope with rising seas. A Mars Expo advertising a five-year emigration scheme for the Red Planet.
- Robust civil discourse and civic engagement are key pillars of democracy worldwide. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) aims to help create platforms for open discussion on critical issues and to educate active and informed citizens.
- More than 800 women around the world die each day of preventable causes connected to pregnancy and childbirth.