- Ten-Week Free Run of Antigone in Ferguson Draws to a Close in Brooklyn
As exemplified by the company’s name, Theater of War is adept at taking words whose meaning we think we know—or had taken as granted without thinking much about them—and making us encounter their significance anew.
- A Βig Βirthday, a Return to our Roots, and a Look at Who We Are
Today marks the 110th anniversary of our founder’s birth. Though Stavros Niarchos passed away in 1996, the Foundation bearing his name reflects his roots and is guided by his vision.
- A Virtual Highlight Tour of McGill’s Virtual Museum of Greek Immigration to Canada
The museum that holds them may be a virtual one, but these stories of the Greek-Canadian immigrant experience are very much real.
- Rockefeller University dedicates Stavros Niarchos Foundation–David Rockefeller River Campus
In a 2017 press conference at The Rockefeller University in New York City, biologist Michael Young kept referring to a “problem.” This problem had not hindered his Nobel Prize-winning breakthrough—he had just won the Prize in the “Physiology or Medicine” category for discovery of the molecular mechanism of circadian rhythm—but rather had framed the work that led to that advance.
- A New Museum for the New Colossus
“Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,” begins Emma Lazarus’s well-known poem affixed to the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty.
- Leadership in a Disrupted World: a Tällberg Foundation workshop
A team from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and iMEdD—Andreas Dracopoulos, Stelios Vasilakis, Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou, Stratis Trilikis—traveled to Cairo to participate in a Tällberg Foundation workshop.
- A Decade of Collaboration between SNF and Chatham House
When someone refers to the Chatham House Rule, they’re invoking both a specific guideline for discussion and the broader philosophy that underpins it.
- Penn finds Αncient Ιnspiration for the Education of Modern Citizens
In a city whose name is drawn from the Greek for “brotherly love,” perhaps it’s only natural to turn to ancient Greece for inspiration.
- Rebetiko 101: A Playlist
If you're new to rebetiko, the first thing you should know is that a "Rebetiko 101" playlist is antithetical to the spirit of the music.