- In December 2020, on top of the punishing effects of the pandemic, residents of the Janja and Mataba sectors in Northern Rwanda’s Gakenke district faced devastating floods and the resulting landslides washed away homes, crops, and livelihoods.
New five-year program as part of SNF's Health Initiative will support child and adolescent mental healthWhen we think about childhood injuries, we usually think of scratches, a few stitches, maybe even a broken bone. We don’t talk frequently enough about the traumatic stress and other mental health challenges young people experience that can affect them for the rest of their lives.
- Among the main lessons of the COVID-19 pandemic for addressing a health crisis have been the importance of coordinated efforts across borders, of trust in public health measures, and of multipronged approaches to manage evolving threats.
- It’s the most familiar of items, one that you know well from childhood and one that is likely sitting in your hall closet even now: a ball.
- If you’re in Greece, there’s a good chance you’ve got a mosaic in your pocket—or at least a copy of one. You’ve paid with it, gotten it back in change, or tossed it for heads or tails.
- When it comes to fresh produce, there’s local and then there’s local.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports the Hydra Merchant Navy Academy, seeking to contribute to Greece’s deep maritime tradition, to strengthen the human resources available to the Greek merchant shipping industry, and, simultaneously, to help sustain the historically significant island of Hydra.
- From Bogota to Barcelona, from Quito to Quezon City, young people are thinking hyperlocal to make inroads on global challenges.
- “If our students don’t get into STEAM, who’s going to create, who’s going to invent?” says seventh grade teacher Yuderka Valdez.