- Canals? Drones? Mars getaways? Imagine the Future of Cities with an Immersive Model from Chatham House’s SNF CoLab
A public fountain that doubles as a drinking fountain. Urban waterways to cope with rising seas. A Mars Expo advertising a five-year emigration scheme for the Red Planet.
- Fostering Engaged Citizenship as a Dynamo of Healthy Democracy
Robust civil discourse and civic engagement are key pillars of democracy worldwide. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) aims to help create platforms for open discussion on critical issues and to educate active and informed citizens.
- Supporting Maternal Health as an Individual Right and a Foundation for Thriving Communities
More than 800 women around the world die each day of preventable causes connected to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Gathering Oral Histories as a Way to Connect in the Present and Leave a Legacy for the Future
Humans are storytellers, and the stories we tell can help us understand our collective past, celebrate our individual experiences, and recognize our shared humanity.
- Cyclone Ianos Brings Setbacks and New Beginnings for Farmers in Central Greece
In mid-September 2020, a Mediterranean cyclone appeared in Greece for the first time. Large swaths of the country, from the southern Ionian to the Sporades and Crete, were faced with heavy winds, torrential rain, and flooding.
- Do Υou Want to Hear A Story?
Since prehistory, stories, shared in every possible format, have formed the basis of human communication.
- Meeting Food Need in Greece with Dignity
When the lockdowns began in Greece a year ago, attention turned first, naturally, to the medical situation: COVID-19 patients, people on ventilators, the doctors and nurses fighting on the front lines of the health crisis.
- Exploring Our Shared Humanity across the Millennia through Hellenic Studies
Hellenic studies can offer a lens for understanding our globalized world, a window into how knowledge is created and debated, a cipher that helps us decode and contextualize the traces of Greek culture all around us.
- Varying Destinations, One Goal: Better Health for Better Quality of Life in Greece
Greece’s human geography is as varied as its physical geography. Urban centers along the vast coastline, towns in the mountains, and tiny island villages. Promising young athletes, elderly folks on the island of Anafi, families running together, a woman in Prespes expecting her first child. But wherever they are and whoever they are, all deserve the resources to live a healthy life.