- Empowering Women: the Most Effective Tool for Development
Empowering women through financial security sparks change that is about so much more than money. It enables women to gain greater control over many other aspects of their lives.
- Support for Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University and Related Projects
Through several grants since 2004, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has supported building projects, equipment purchase, and educational programs in northern Thailand, provinces of eastern Myanmar, and regions of Lao.
- Ten-Week Free Run of Antigone in Ferguson Draws to a Close in Brooklyn
As exemplified by the company’s name, Theater of War is adept at taking words whose meaning we think we know—or had taken as granted without thinking much about them—and making us encounter their significance anew.
- A Βig Βirthday, a Return to our Roots, and a Look at Who We Are
Today marks the 110th anniversary of our founder’s birth. Though Stavros Niarchos passed away in 1996, the Foundation bearing his name reflects his roots and is guided by his vision.
- A Virtual Highlight Tour of McGill’s Virtual Museum of Greek Immigration to Canada
The museum that holds them may be a virtual one, but these stories of the Greek-Canadian immigrant experience are very much real.
- Rockefeller University dedicates Stavros Niarchos Foundation–David Rockefeller River Campus
In a 2017 press conference at The Rockefeller University in New York City, biologist Michael Young kept referring to a “problem.” This problem had not hindered his Nobel Prize-winning breakthrough—he had just won the Prize in the “Physiology or Medicine” category for discovery of the molecular mechanism of circadian rhythm—but rather had framed the work that led to that advance.
- A New Museum for the New Colossus
“Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,” begins Emma Lazarus’s well-known poem affixed to the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty.
- Leadership in a Disrupted World: a Tällberg Foundation workshop
A team from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and iMEdD—Andreas Dracopoulos, Stelios Vasilakis, Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou, Stratis Trilikis—traveled to Cairo to participate in a Tällberg Foundation workshop.
- A Decade of Collaboration between SNF and Chatham House
When someone refers to the Chatham House Rule, they’re invoking both a specific guideline for discussion and the broader philosophy that underpins it.