- Preserving Buildings, and Memories, in Athens
When you think of Athenian architecture, there’s one particular building that’s likely to come to mind first—and it sits atop the Acropolis. But Athens has a rich and varied architectural history from recent centuries too, notably the period between 1830 and 1940. It’s a heritage that until recently was overlooked.
- The Green Unit: Psychosocial Rehabilitation through Work in Green Spaces
Some of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grants that have the greatest and most direct impact for people in need are the most straightforward.
- Health Mentorship by Mothers, for Mothers
“Mother Mentors are unstoppable in reaching our clients,” says Community Mentor Mother Elizabeth Wilson. “We always find a way to reach them and make sure they get the medical services they need.”
- How a Tiny Greek Island Aspires to Become a Pioneer in Global Climate Change Research
In the passage between mainland Greece and Crete, where the Aegean Sea meets the Ionian, lies Antikythera, a small island with very few inhabitants.
- Guiding Young People through a Strange Summer: A Dispatch from Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
By Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- God’s Love We Deliver: Free Μedically Τailored Μeals for People Unable to Cook
Up the street, the local minister took notice and called it “God’s love”: a woman delivering a nutritious, warm meal to a hospice patient who was unable to cook for himself as a result of his serious illness.
- Accessing New York City’s Museums
There are tough times ahead for museums. But even as cultural institutions feel the squeeze of pandemic-induced closures and restrictions, accessibility efforts must be seen as an essential part of their work, not an optional add-on.
- Mobile Medical Units: Free State-of-the-Αrt Care for the Rest of Greece
Since 2014, nonprofit Regeneration and Progress (R&P) has designed and implemented a series of free services in the areas of health, sports, and education through an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- Small Interventions Make a Big Difference for Kids with Limited Vision
For children with limited or no vision, relatively small interventions can lead to significant improvements in overall quality of life.