- Boroume: Saving food to save people from hunger
Our journey with Boroume (which means “we can”) started in 2011—at the peak of the Greek financial and socioeconomic crisis.
- Theater of War Productions: Confronting hard truths through theater
I watched from afar, in France, the brutality of recent incidents of racial injustice in the U.S. and the demonstrations they ignited.
- Weaving Ιntergenerational Τies for Stronger Social Fabric
What made a 1995 heat wave in Chicago ten times deadlier for older people in one neighborhood than in a similar one right next door—and what could this mean for our current public health crisis?
- College & Community Fellowship: Helping women with criminal convictions earn college degrees
Everyone deserves a chance to grow through education. Unfortunately, this chance is denied to many women with criminal convictions, who struggle to access education during their incarceration or upon release.
- When conditions change, so do you
This text was written in a living room five kilometers away from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) office in Athens, but it could have been written anywhere—on a remote island, on a mountaintop.
- Dynamic Groups of Women Effect Change in Provincial Areas
“Never doubt the power of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens to change the world; in fact, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- Broad Street Ministry Practices Radical Hospitality in Philadelphia
SNF supports Broad Street Ministry in providing vital food aid to vulnerable populations in Philadelphia, a mission the pandemic has made simultaneously more necessary and more difficult than ever.
- MONUMENTA: Documenting 19th and 20th century architectural heritage in Greece
One of my favorite pastimes during the COVID-19 confinement in Greece has been walking around to the spots of my city I love the most and enjoying the view, uninterrupted by other passersby, cars, or the noises of other activities happening around.
- Thousands of Grants Around the World, One Purpose
From the Greek mountain village of Vamvakou to Zambia’s Copperbelt Province, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has made grants for projects in more than 130 countries.