- The Fermors. The House. The Fellows. Their Notes.
In 1996 Patrick and Joan Leigh Fermor donated their home to the Benaki Museum expressing the desire to host scholars and artists, and to remain open to the public.
- The First Year of “New Agriculture for a New Generation”
“New Agriculture for a New Generation.” The title alone draws a clear picture of the vision behind this program, which has already borne fruit (specifically, fig- and strawberry-flavored fruit) during the first year of its implementation.
- The Interactive Constitution: Classroom Edition, a project with fans across the political spectrum
Can you name the three branches of the United States government? If so, you’re in the minority. The National Constitution Center wants to change that.
- Find Yourself Dozing Off during their Concert? They’ll be Thrilled.
At some point, we’ve all had the experience of listening to a song that resonates so deeply it feels it must have been written just for us. For kids whose parents take part in Carnegie Hall’s Lullaby Project, this may actually be the case.
- “What do your Roots Sound Like?” Arts on the Move with New York City Center
It’s tempting to believe disparities in access to arts and cultural resources will inevitably be erased by expanding digital access.
- Year One of SNF Support for Special Olympics’ “Play Unified. Learn Unified.”
In its push for inclusion, Special Olympics, founded in 1968, draws from a premise much older.
- Five Υears of Improving Child Health in Burkina Faso
Child mortality rates in Burkina Faso have been falling for decades, but hampering further progress has been a serious shortage of skilled nursery staff.
- Empowering Women: the Most Effective Tool for Development
Empowering women through financial security sparks change that is about so much more than money. It enables women to gain greater control over many other aspects of their lives.
- Support for Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University and Related Projects
Through several grants since 2004, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has supported building projects, equipment purchase, and educational programs in northern Thailand, provinces of eastern Myanmar, and regions of Lao.