- It’s Always the 9th of the Month When this Team is Around
It’s a rainy autumn morning, and it’s got to be Monday, because Vicky is here.
- A Muscular Notion of Civility: Q&A with SNF Paideia Faculty Director Michael X. Delli Carpini
Michael X. Delli Carpini, newly appointed Faculty Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Paideia Program at the University of Pennsylvania wants to bring the practice of citizenship into our “real lives.”
- Improving Care for the most Challenging Cases at HSS’s SNF Complex Joint Reconstruction Center
When preparing for complex surgery, it’s about thorough planning and bringing together the right expertise to make the greatest challenges manageable, says Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) orthopedic surgeon Peter Sculco, MD.
- The Fermors. The House. The Fellows. Their Notes.
In 1996 Patrick and Joan Leigh Fermor donated their home to the Benaki Museum expressing the desire to host scholars and artists, and to remain open to the public.
- The First Year of “New Agriculture for a New Generation”
“New Agriculture for a New Generation.” The title alone draws a clear picture of the vision behind this program, which has already borne fruit (specifically, fig- and strawberry-flavored fruit) during the first year of its implementation.
- The Interactive Constitution: Classroom Edition, a project with fans across the political spectrum
Can you name the three branches of the United States government? If so, you’re in the minority. The National Constitution Center wants to change that.
- Find Yourself Dozing Off during their Concert? They’ll be Thrilled.
At some point, we’ve all had the experience of listening to a song that resonates so deeply it feels it must have been written just for us. For kids whose parents take part in Carnegie Hall’s Lullaby Project, this may actually be the case.
- “What do your Roots Sound Like?” Arts on the Move with New York City Center
It’s tempting to believe disparities in access to arts and cultural resources will inevitably be erased by expanding digital access.
- Year One of SNF Support for Special Olympics’ “Play Unified. Learn Unified.”
In its push for inclusion, Special Olympics, founded in 1968, draws from a premise much older.