- Support for Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University and Related Projects
Through several grants since 2004, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has supported building projects, equipment purchase, and educational programs in northern Thailand, provinces of eastern Myanmar, and regions of Lao.
- Support for UNICEF in Honor of One of its Most Passionate Ambassadors, Audrey Hepburn
In honor of the 25th anniversary of the passing of Audrey Hepburn and the inspiring legacy she left behind, a 2018 Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grant supported UNICEF USA’s humanitarian assistance for children in South Sudan.
- Penn finds Αncient Ιnspiration for the Education of Modern Citizens
In a city whose name is drawn from the Greek for “brotherly love,” perhaps it’s only natural to turn to ancient Greece for inspiration.
- Rebetiko 101: A Playlist
If you're new to rebetiko, the first thing you should know is that a "Rebetiko 101" playlist is antithetical to the spirit of the music.
- Vamvakou Revival: They’ve got Big Plans for this Small Village
Across Europe, small rural towns have been losing population as young people move away to seek opportunity in cities.
- Strengthening Greece’s Arsenal in the Battle against Cancer
For Katie Theodorou, it’s cooking magazines. “I find that a waiting room with cooking magazines can be comforting.”
- SNF Gives Journalists a Boost
There’s broad consensus that journalism—and journalists—around the world are facing unprecedented challenges.
- Mobile Medical Units: Moving Heaven and Earth to Offer Free Medical Help
Four to 20 hours by sea. This is the length of the journey required, in certain cases, for a simple examination at a diagnostic center.
- Redefining Leadership with the Tällberg Foundation
As a term, leadership is often used, but seldom meaningfully defined. As a quality, it is much sought-after but hard to identify.