- Showcasing Greece’s most famous unknown mosaic
If you’re in Greece, there’s a good chance you’ve got a mosaic in your pocket—or at least a copy of one. You’ve paid with it, gotten it back in change, or tossed it for heads or tails.
- Growing vibrant community hubs in NYC neighborhoods, one raised bed of produce at a time
When it comes to fresh produce, there’s local and then there’s local.
- For greener cities, mayors tap a sustainable resource: great ideas from young people
From Bogota to Barcelona, from Quito to Quezon City, young people are thinking hyperlocal to make inroads on global challenges.
- One secret for building buzz around STEAM in NYC schools? Bees.
“If our students don’t get into STEAM, who’s going to create, who’s going to invent?” says seventh grade teacher Yuderka Valdez.
- Deploying proven strategies to facilitate pandemic response and preparedness across Africa
“We’re all experiencing pandemic fatigue,” says Amanda McClelland, Senior Vice President of the Prevent Epidemics team at Resolve to Save Lives, an initiative of Vital Strategies.
- Supporting Rural Students by Equipping Teachers with the Resources They Need
“Technology is such an important part of our 21st century learning community,” says Mr. Bailey, a third through fifth grade teacher in East Syracuse, New York.
- Guide Dogs Unlock Greater Autonomy for People with Visual Impairments
It’s “the most difficult job a dog can do,” but the Lara Guide Dog School for the Blind provides the intensive and time-consuming preparation dogs need for this crucial role. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is proud to help our partner open new worlds for people with visual impairments.
- Sharing knowledge to support kids from Alabama to Montana
Steadfast support from an adult mentor can be a transformative force in a young person’s life, but how do you maintain that support in the face of a pandemic that requires people to stay apart?
- Grants Provide a Springboard to Recovery for Small Businesses from Hawaii to Texas
“This grant and the team’s support are enabling our business to continue and expand a sustainable distribution system for the Community Supported Agriculture program that we launched during COVID when farms across our community experienced a severe drop in revenues,” said Kea Keolanui of O.K. Farms in Hilo, Hawaii.