- On Wednesday, May 8, PEN America will host “Exposure: On Writing in Prison” as part of its World Voices Festival taking place from May 6 to 12 in New York City. The event explores the risks incurred by incarcerated writers and the tension inherent in writing done in prison but destined for readers outside.
- The Mobile Medical Units (MMU) left the Sporades and headed for the Little Cyclades, with springtime Donoussa as their final destination.
- Looking for an internship position where you can make a positive impact on society? If you’re interested in working at an international philanthropic foundation active in the fields of education, culture, health and sports, and social welfare, apply to the current round of paid internships at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) between today and May 31, 2019.
- From May 6 to 7, Columbia University’s Zuckerman Institute is holding its inaugural Mind Brain Behavior Symposium.
- In the summer of 2018, in the wake of the devastating fires that claimed dozens of lives in Greece, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced a grant of €25 million to aid the Hellenic Fire Department.
- As part of its broader support to students, young professionals, and early-career academics through fellowships, internships, and professional development programming, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports internship opportunities for Greek nationals at one of the world’s top modern art museums.
- Columbia University has announced the second class of Fellows it will welcome to its Institute for Ideas and Imagination in Paris.
- We’ve all looked up at the night sky with wonder and curiosity. Satisfy that curiosity and bring out your inner astrophysicist by registering for a free introductory course in astronomy starting on May 6, via the Mathesis Open Internet Courses Center.
- On Tuesday, April 30, the New York City Police Foundation held its 2019 gala. The event honored officers who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.