- The Mobile Medical Units (MMU) traveled to Amorgos for three days, from May 7 to 9, on a visit falling outside their regular itinerary.
- On Thursday, May 9, the American School of Classical Studies at Athens hosted its annual gala in New York City.
- As it opens an exciting new chapter of its history, the Greek National Opera (GNO) paid a visit to New York City.
- The Challenge Saint Devote brings together 10- to 12-year-olds from countries around the world in Monaco to play in a rugby tournament. On Saturday, May 11, the Monegasque Rugby Federation will hold the eight annual Challenge Saint Devote, bringing together teams from 14 nations.
- The New York Stem Cell Foundation’s (NYSCF) mission is to cure the major diseases of our time through stem cell research.
- This week, from May 6 to 10, high school-based project STAF06 is holding its Memory and Research Week. Founded in 2008 by five high school teachers, STAF06 engages high schools and the public in Nice in encouraging active citizenship by focusing attention on genocide in the 20th century.
- “Υou’ll become aware that there’s more than one chorus in the house. In addition to the annotative singers onstage, there are the people sitting around you.”
- On Wednesday, May 8, New York Stem Cell Foundation held a panel discussion on the incredible possibilities—and profound ethical questions—opened up by DNA-editing technology.
- The Global Editors Network (GEN) presented a detailed program for and announced the speakers at its upcoming international Summit at a press conference on Thursday, May 9, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).