- 13 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF Receives the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence from the Institute of International Education
On Tuesday, December 12th , 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was awarded, along with Fulbright Greece, the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence, from the Institute of International Education
- 13 DECEMBER 2017 / ArtPlace America Announces Projects to receive funding from its National Creative Placemaking Fund, supported by SNF
ArtPlace America has announced 23 projects in which it will be investing across the United States, using its National Creative Placemaking Fund. The projects will span 18 states and one U.S. territory, 52% of which will be working in rural communities.
- 12 DECEMBER 2017 / The First Palliative Care Inpatient Unit for adult cancer patients in Greece is made possible with the SNF’s Support
On Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, the “Galilee” Palliative Care Unit inaugurated the first Palliative Care Inpatient Unit in Greece which has been completed with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support.
- 12 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports a survey conducted by Athens Culture Net on the Athenians’ views about culture
The Athens Culture Net of the Municipality of Athens holds a Press Conference, on Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, to present the findings of its survey that puts under the microscope the attitudes towards culture among the residents of Athens.
- 12 DECEMBER 2017 / $1 Million Gift From the SNF Supports the Opening of the John Gutfreund Fetal Heart Program at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
A landmark grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to the Pediatric Heart Center at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore supports the launch of the John H. Gutfreund Fetal Heart Program at the Montefiore Hutchinson Campus, The center offers the latest in imaging technology to evaluate the fetal heart in a state-of-the art, welcoming space designed to provide advanced cardiac care to pregnant women and their families.
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / The Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina honors its supporters, including the SNF
On Sunday, December 10th, 2017, the Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina iheld an event, during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the organization.
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit
On Wednesday, December 20th, 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) holds the second event of its new monthly series, DIALOGUES, entitled ‘DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit’. The event will take place at the Book Castle of the National Library of Greece, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, at 17:30 (EET).
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University launches its new ‘Rebooting the Greek Language’ internship program
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is launching an internship program in 2018/2019, as part of its new project ‘Rebooting the Greek Language’.
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the new linear accelerator (linac) at the University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli
On Friday, December 8th, 2017, the University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli inaugurated the new linear accelerator (linac) which is already in clinical operation thanks to an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the program for the replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals across Greece.