- In July, Vamvakou’s population of only eleven permanent residents, will multiply many times over.
- In a village on the southwestern slopes of Mount Olympus, the bell is ringing festively for the students of the Primary School and Kindergarten of Karya, Elassona. The school organized a great celebration for teachers, students, parents and all of us at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) on Friday, June 7, marking the completion of the school’s construction works.
- French soccer player Lilian Thuram, who will go down in history for the two goals he scored in France’s 1998 semifinal match against Croatia as well as for his overall hard work and defensive abilities, will be in Athens on June 5 and 6 to create positive memories for more than 300 children living in refugee centers in Skaramangas and Eleonas.
- If you had to attribute one of Aristotle’s five elements to the nature of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), your choice would be clear: water.
03 JUNE 2019Are you a Librarian? Join your colleagues for the World Library and Information Congress!If you are a librarian, you may already know about the World Library and Information Congress organized by the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA).
- On Monday, June 3, The Public Theater in New York City held its annual gala, which included a “Women of the Public” performance.
- Students from Ithaca College embarked today on an intensive, immersive weeklong journey into the world of international affairs journalism.
- Minneapolis-based organization Artspace is helping a Chicago community with a rich and interesting history build for a new phase in its collective life.
- It’s June and nostalgia for last year’s Summer Nostos Festival has transformed into excitement for this year’s event, hosted by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). In 22 days, this beloved institution of Greek summer returns to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), an open public space created and lovingly supported by the SNF.