- 27 OCTOBER 2016 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Earns the Prestigious Platinum Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the organization that has developed the leading international certification system for green buildings, has announced that the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has received a Platinum level LEED certification, the highest possible rating for environmentally conscious and sustainable buildings.
- 25 OCTOBER 2016 / The World Monuments Fund Honors the SNF
On October 24th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored with the 2016 Hadrian Award from the World Monuments Fund. The annual Hadrian Award is given to a person or organization to recognize leadership towards appreciation and preservation of the world’s art and architecture. It was named after Roman Emperor Hadrian, who was regarded as a great patron of the arts.
- 24 OCTOBER 2016 / Opening of Wonderlab: The Statoil Gallery at the Science Museum in London
On October 11th, the Science Museum in London opened their new permanent interactive gallery designed to inspire the next generation.
- 21 OCTOBER 2016 / SNF Honored with Humanitarian Champion Award by the Center for Urban Community Services
On Wednesday, October 19th, the Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) with the Humanitarian Champion Award.
- 20 OCTOBER 2016 / Hospital for Special Surgery Honors Dr. Thomas Sculco
On Tuesday, October 18th, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) honored Dr. Thomas Sculco for his longstanding service to HSS. Dr. Sculco, now Surgeon-in-Chief Emeritus, was officially appointed the Thomas P. Sculco, MD Chair in Orthopedic Surgery.
- 20 OCTOBER 2016 / Time and Cosmos in Greco-Roman Antiquity Exhibit Opens at the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World
On Wednesday, October 19th the Time and Cosmos in Greco-Roman Antiquity exhibition opened to the public at The Institute for the Study of the Ancient World (ISAW) in New York City. The exhibit explores ancient origins of modern conceptualization and organization of time.
- 19 OCTOBER 2016 / November at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation will hand over the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center to the Greek State in early 2017. During the transition phase, the Foundation continues its mission to introduce the project to the public through a daily and dynamic program of free public events that, offers visitors an opportunity to experience SNFCC’s programmatic potential, and its place as an urban destination for everyone.
- 19 OCTOBER 2016 / Peter Voulkos Exhibit at the Museum of Arts and Design
On Tuesday, October 18th, the exhibition Voulkos: The Breakthrough Years opened at the Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) in New York City. The exhibit, supported in part by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, will display the works of visionary Greek-American artist, Peter Voulkos, through the early years of his career (1953 – 1968).
- 17 OCTOBER 2016 / Architectural Record article on the SNFCC
Architecture and interior design magazine, Architectural Record, featured an article about the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in its September 2016 issue, titled “Hitting a High Note”.