- 12 JANUARY 2018 / Inaugural Free Thursdays at the Brooklyn Museum with the SNF’s Support
On Thursday, January 11th, 2018, the Brooklyn Museum in New York hosted its inaugural Free Thursday, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. On Thursday nights, from 6pm to 10pm, the Museum will be open to all, providing free access to exhibitions, lectures, workshops, and more. In addition to its current exhibitions, the evening features a salsa party and collection tour, both open to all visitors.
- 12 JANUARY 2018 / The Delivery of the Vehicles to EKAV’s Branches across Greece, as part of the SNF’s Grant, is under way
Today, Friday January 12th, 2018, the first 22 vehicles were distributed for operation to EKAV in the Attica region, as well as to the rest of the organization’s branches across Greece. EKAV crew members were trained in the operation of the new vehicles.
- 11 JANUARY 2018 / Inauguration of the Photography Exhibition “Critical Archives III: Identities” at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Crete
On Saturday, January 13th, 2018, the Contemporary Art Museum of Crete and the NGO KOLEKTIV8 are inaugurating the exhibition entitled “Critical Archives III: Identities”, part of the 2nd MedPhoto Festival | Europe: the faces and the territory, which is made possible through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 10 JANUARY 2018 / January 2018 at the SNFCC
Reflecting on a year of many milestones, the SNFCC welcomes 2018 with hope, optimism and culture, by bringing together a varied program of events that celebrates different modes of artistic expression by Greek and international creators.
- 10 JANUARY 2018 / Inauguration of Medical Equipment at the “Mamatsio” General Hospital of Kozani with the SNF’s Support
On Thursday, January 11th, 2018, the “Mamatsio” General Hospital of Kozani inaugurates the new equipment of the Cardiology Clinic which has already begun its full operation, particularly enhancing the Hospital’s quality of care in the Cardiology Clinic and the Coronary Care Unit.
- 09 JANUARY 2018 / SNF Grantees Theater of War Productions and WNYC Announce New Partnership
SNF grantees Theater of War Productions and WNYC have announced a new partnership to present six free performances at The Jerome L. Greene Space, WNYC’s state-of-the-art performance and broadcast studio in New York City.
- 08 JANUARY 2018 / Journalism in a time of Crisis and Crisis in Journalism
Why is the credibility of news being constantly challenged, why we keep choosing social media platforms as a news source and how can one avoid falling into the trap of fake news? Is the disregard for modern journalism worldwide a sign of modern times or does its roots go back?
- 05 JANUARY 2018 / SNF Public Lecture about SNFCC’s Architectural Design and Construction
On Tuesday, January 9th, 2018, the Architecture Department of the University of Patras is hosting a lecture on the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), featuring the Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Technical Department, Mr. Theodore Maravelias.
- 03 JANUARY 2018 / The Fylis Middle School excels in the 2017 Land Rover 4x4 in Schools competition
The 2017 world finals of the Land Rover 4x4 in Schools STEM competition, held in December 2017, in Abu Dhabi, brought together more than 150 students from schools in 16 countries to present their work and knowledge of 4x4 vehicle design, development, research and manufacturing.