- 31 January 2019 / SNF Representatives Attend Celebratory Event Hosted by French Ambassador to Greece
On Wednesday, January 30th, representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) attended a celebratory event hosted by the Ambassador of France, Christophe Chantepy. SNF Board of Directors member Giorgos Agouridis and Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis, Advisor to the SNF Board of Directors, attended the event on behalf of the SNF.
- 30 January 2019 / DIALOGUES: Chinese New Year
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s DIALOGUES series, carrying on the festive atmosphere of Christmas, welcomed the New Year with an event dedicated to the Chinese New Year.
- 30 January 2019 / Next Stop for the Mobile Medical Units: Sidirokastro, Messinia
Following a series of visits to remote Greek islands including their latest visit to the island of Schoinousa, the Mobile Medical Units (MMU) changed course, heading to the Peloponnese and to the semi-mountainous village of Sidirokastro in Messinia.
- 29 January 2019 / A Discussion with Three U.S. Governors at the SNF Agora Institute
On Monday, January 28th, three U.S. governors—the Republican Governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan, the Democratic Governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, and the Republican Governor of New Hampshire, Chris Sununu—had an open, public discussion on cooperation across party lines in these states where the opposing party controls the legislature.
- 29 January 2019 / “George Zongolopoulos: The Vision of Public Sculpture” Exhibition at the SNFCC
From January 28th to May 31st, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), in collaboration with the George Zongolopoulos Foundation, is organizing the first exhibition exclusively dedicated to public sculptures installed by iconic artist George Zongolopoulos, with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 28 January 2019 / Inauguration of New Linear Accelerator at the University General Hospital of Heraklion
On Monday, January 28th, the University General Hospital of Heraklion inaugurated its new linear accelerator, which is already in clinical operation. The procurement of the radiotherapy equipment was made possible through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 28 January 2019 / We’re Fans of “A Fanzine for the SNFCC”
The joy we feel when holding in our hands a fanzine designed by elementary school children about the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) is like what a parent feels when their child hands them one of their drawings.
- 28 January 2019 / The Greek Basketball Coaches Association Hosts a Celebratory Event
On Sunday, January 22nd, on the occasion of the old year “passing the ball” to the new one, the Greek Basketball Coaches Association held a celebratory event, with representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) in attendance.
- 28 January 2019 / Handover Ceremony between Incoming and Outgoing Chief of the HNDGS
In a ceremony on Monday, January 28th, the outgoing Chief of the Hellenic National Defense General Staff at the Hellenic Naval Academy handed off the position to the incoming Chief. Representatives from the government, Greek politicians, and Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis attended the event.