- The New York Stem Cell Foundation’s (NYSCF) mission is to cure the major diseases of our time through stem cell research.
- This week, from May 6 to 10, high school-based project STAF06 is holding its Memory and Research Week. Founded in 2008 by five high school teachers, STAF06 engages high schools and the public in Nice in encouraging active citizenship by focusing attention on genocide in the 20th century.
- “Υou’ll become aware that there’s more than one chorus in the house. In addition to the annotative singers onstage, there are the people sitting around you.”
- On Wednesday, May 8, New York Stem Cell Foundation held a panel discussion on the incredible possibilities—and profound ethical questions—opened up by DNA-editing technology.
- The Global Editors Network (GEN) presented a detailed program for and announced the speakers at its upcoming international Summit at a press conference on Thursday, May 9, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s SNF RUN: Running to the Future evening race returns for its fifth consecutive year on June 23, also the occasion of Olympic Day. Thousands of runners will start at the Panathenaic Stadium and cross the finish line at the Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), the summer’s greatest celebration, which will be taking place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
08 MAY 2019Inauguration of Medical Equipment at the 2nd Neonatal Clinic at the Papageorgiou General HospitalTo mark the completion of a project to supply equipment and create a breast milk bank at the 2nd Neonatal Clinic at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUT), the Papageorgiou General Hospital held an inauguration ceremony on Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
- The $3.9 million SNF grant will support the generous endowment of the prestigious Bywater and Sotheby Professorship of Byzantine and Modern Greek Language and Literature and the Associate Professorship of Byzantine Archaeology and Visual Culture and will ensure the long-term vitality of teaching and research in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Oxford.
- The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) hosted an event at which the doctoral candidates taking part in a fellowship program supported by SNF presented the progress of their theses.