- 25 SEPTEMBER 2017 / America Needs You Launches Partner Fellows Program at LaGuardia Community College, with the SNF’s support
On Saturday, September 23rd, America Needs You (ANY) launched its first Partner Fellows Program in New York at the LaGuardia Community College.
- 22 SEPTEMBER 2017 / GMF Alumni Leadership Action Project: “Athens meets Detroit. The importance of civic engagement and social accountability”
Οn Monday September 25th, the event “Athens meets Detroit. The importance of civic engagement and social accountability” took place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center as part of the German Marshall Fund of the United States Program "Transatlantic Initiative - Alumni Leadership Action Project".
- 22 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the new wing of the Mas Saint Vincent shelter in Antibes, France, by the Fédération Française des Equipes Saint Vincent, with the SNF’s support.
On Tuesday, September 26th, the Fédération Française des Equipes Saint Vincent inaugurated the new wing of the Mas Saint Vincent shelter for women who are victims of violence, in the city of Antibes, France.
- 22 SEPTEMBER 2017 / DEAFestival on September 22nd-24th
The Hellenic Federation of the Deaf, in collaboration with the Prefecture of Attica, are organizing the Deaf Festival that will take place at the Central Square of Nea Smirni. This two-day festival, attempts to give the opportunity to the citizens of Athens to get familiar with the deaf community’s culture.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the Εxhibition “Shared Sacred Sites in the Balkans and the Mediterranean” in Τhree Μuseums in Thessaloniki
Τhe exhibition “Shared Sacred Sites in the Balkans and the Mediterranean”, a collaboration between the Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art, the Thessaloniki Museum of Photography and the Municipality of Thessaloniki, opened on September 23rd.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports training program on the association between animal abuse and domestic violence
From September 18th to 23rd, a training program exploring the theme ”The cycle of violence. Children and animal abuse”, was held in the premises of the School of Further Education and Training of the Hellenic Police Force. The training sessions, coordinated by experts – educators U.S. officials, was addressed to Greek police officers, Coast Guard officers and judicial officers.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2017 / September 21st: World Alzheimer’s Day
As part of the World Alzheimer Month, the Psychogeriatric Association “Nestor”, the Psychiatric Clinic of Aeginitio Hospital, and the Greek Psychiatric Association are organizing on Friday September, 22nd 2017, a one-day workshop with the title “Innovative developments in the treatment of Alzheimer in our country’’.
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Inside Philanthropy: An Atypically Large Gift Yields Lessons for Libraries Everywhere
Inside Philanthropy reports on the SNF’s recent grant for the renovation of the New York Public Library's (NYPL) Mid-Manhattan Central Circulating Branch.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) Celebrates 10 Years of Operation
The Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) celebrated ten years of contribution and essential volunteer-led social activity with a series of anniversary activities held between September 15th and September 17th.