- 21 NOVEMBER 2017 / The President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda, at the SNFCC
On Tuesday, November 21st, 2017, as part of the official State visit to Athens, the President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda, visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 20 NOVEMBER 2017 / The 18th No Finish Line Monaco with the SNF’s support
The 18th edition of the leading international philanthropic race No Finish Line began on Saturday, November 11th, in Monaco, and it finished on Sunday, November 19th. The sports event was held on the occasion of the Universal Children’s Day, celebrated on the 20th of November.
- 20 NOVEMBER 2017 / Columbia University Announces a New Initiative: the Institute for Ideas and Imagination
On Friday, November 17, 2017, Columbia University announced a new initiative, the Institute for Ideas and Imagination, for which lead support is provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in addition to the Andrew M. Mellon Foundation.
- 20 NOVEMBER 2017 / The Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed their first mission in the island of Samothrace
From November 15th to November 18th, 2017, the Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) visited Samothrace to provide the island’s residents with free comprehensive medical care and support, offered by the highly qualified scientific personnel.
- 19 NOVEMBER 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is awarded the European Solar Prize 2017
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center has been awarded the European Solar Prize 2017 in the Solar Architecture and Urban Planning category. The SNFCC was selected for being a 'strong symbol for ecological sustainability and the potential of renewable energy, integrated in a building of cultural life, setting new standards in architectural requirements'.
- 16 NOVEMBER 2017 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos at Chatham House
On Monday, November 13th, the Co-President of the SNF, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, participated in a panel entitled “Exiting the Echo Chamber” at Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, in London, England.
- 16 NOVEMBER 2017 / American Friends of the Jewish Museum of Greece Gala in New York City
On Wednesday, November 15, the American Friends of the Jewish Museum of Greece (AFJMG) hosted the 3rd Damaskinos Award Dinner Gala in New York.
- 15 NOVEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the new linear accelerator (linac) at the General University Hospital of Patras, with the SNF's support
On Tuesday, November 14th, 2017, the General University Hospital of Patras inaugurated the new linear accelerator (linac) which begins its clinical operations, and is installed at the hospital's Radiotherapy and Oncology Unit.
- 14 NOVEMBER 2017 / SNF Representatives Visit Ghana for the 3rd Bloomberg Africa Business Media Innovators Forum
SNF representatives are attending the 3rd Africa Business Media Innovators Forum, taking place in Ghana, organized by Bloomberg Philanthropies.