- 20 November 2020 / Honoring World Children’s Day and organizations working for the dignity of young people
November 20 is World Children’s Day and the anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- 16 November 2020 / A New Way to Watch the Sopranos… of the Greek National Opera
The world-class opera, ballet, and musical theater performances of the Greek National Opera (GNO) are coming soon to a laptop or tablet near you.
- 12 November 2020 / Managing Director Elly Andriopoulou in Kathimerini on where the SNFCC is Headed
In an interview with Greek newspaper Kathimerini a few months into her tenure, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Managing Director Elly Andriopoulou discussed the organization’s priorities and strategic objectives. Emphasizing togetherness and the power of collaboration, Andriopoulou discussed the key role that developing the SNFCC’s artistic outreach will play in the organization’s future plans.
- 11 November 2020 / CYBATHLON Makes Competition a Catalyst for Advancing Assistive Technologies
It’s not every tournament that begins with a Brain-Computer Interface Race.
- 10 November 2020 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at Columbia on Making the Right Moves in a Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has faced us with innumerable new big decisions—who should get tested first?—and given new consequence to what used to be no-brainers—should I go to the grocery store for milk?
- 10 November 2020 / ELIAMEP Discussion, Supported by iMEdD, Takes Stock after US Elections
The nonprofit organization iMEdD has supported the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) in organizing a public online discussion on “The US Elections Day After: What’s Next for the Eastern Mediterranean?”
- 10 November 2020 / U.S. Grantees Focus on Fostering Civil Discourse in an Era of Division
Behind the polarization and partisanship that characterize the period surrounding the 2020 U.S. presidential election lies a deeper truth: we all have to live with each other, somehow.
- 04 November 2020 / Discovering Diversity of Women’s Costumes in Greece as UCLA and the Benaki Collaborate
The history of Greece, with its many actors and many acts, its stitched into the traditional regional costumes of Greek women. “Hellenic Together,” a new lecture series organized collaboratively by two Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantees, kicks off with a look at the sartorial family tree of these garments.
- 04 November 2020 / A Perspective on how SNF is Helping the GNO Shine in French Newspaper Les Echos
Don’t let its name fool you; the Greek National Opera (GNO) is not just for Greeks. The GNO is attracting the interest of audiences and journalists around the world, and a recent piece in French newspaper Les Echos took an extended look at the GNO’s work and the support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) that helps enable it to “shine.”