- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / The Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina honors its supporters, including the SNF
On Sunday, December 10th, 2017, the Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina iheld an event, during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the organization.
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit
On Wednesday, December 20th, 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) holds the second event of its new monthly series, DIALOGUES, entitled ‘DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit’. The event will take place at the Book Castle of the National Library of Greece, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, at 17:30 (EET).
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University launches its new ‘Rebooting the Greek Language’ internship program
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is launching an internship program in 2018/2019, as part of its new project ‘Rebooting the Greek Language’.
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the new linear accelerator (linac) at the University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli
On Friday, December 8th, 2017, the University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli inaugurated the new linear accelerator (linac) which is already in clinical operation thanks to an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the program for the replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals across Greece.
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / SNF grantee, FC Barcelona Foundation named 2017 ‘Foundation of the Year’ for its educational sports programs to help refugee children
On Thursday, December 7th, 2017, the FC Barcelona Foundation received the “Foundation of the Year” prize at the 10th edition of the Peace & Sport Awards, in recognition of the social impact that its support programs for refugee children and teenagers in refugee reception centers in Europe and the Middle East have.
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF fortifies support for the International African American Museum
The International African American Museum (IAAM) has received overwhelming support from some of the country’s most prominent and esteemed foundations, including the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Kresge Foundation, the Speedwell Foundation and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 DECEMBER 2017 / Opening of the John H. Gutfreund Fetal Heart Program at The Children’s Hospital at the Montefiore Hutchinson Campus
On Monday, December 11th, 2017, the Pediatric Heart Center at the Children’s Hospital at the Montefiore Hutchinson Campus will host the ribbon cutting for The John H. Gutfreund Fetal Heart Program, established with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 06 DECEMBER 2017 / The Open Schools of the Municipality of Athens welcome Christmas season in Athens
The 56th Primary School of Athens turns into a Christmas wonderland on Friday, December 8th, 2017, as part of the “Open Schools” program of the Municipality of Athens. In the run-up to Christmas, lots of music, creative Christmas workshops, gift exchange, Christmas treats and beverages and many surprises await visitors of all ages at the Open Schools’ event.
- 06 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports the fundraising event Téléthon Monaco 2017 focused on combating rare genetic diseases
Between December 8th and December 10th, 2017, Monaco welcomes Téléthon, the annual fundraising event which has been taking place in France since 1987, aiming to fight against rare genetic progressive and severely disabling illnesses such as neuromuscular diseases.