- 21 SEPTEMBER 2017 / September 21st: World Alzheimer’s Day
As part of the World Alzheimer Month, the Psychogeriatric Association “Nestor”, the Psychiatric Clinic of Aeginitio Hospital, and the Greek Psychiatric Association are organizing on Friday September, 22nd 2017, a one-day workshop with the title “Innovative developments in the treatment of Alzheimer in our country’’.
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Inside Philanthropy: An Atypically Large Gift Yields Lessons for Libraries Everywhere
Inside Philanthropy reports on the SNF’s recent grant for the renovation of the New York Public Library's (NYPL) Mid-Manhattan Central Circulating Branch.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) Celebrates 10 Years of Operation
The Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) celebrated ten years of contribution and essential volunteer-led social activity with a series of anniversary activities held between September 15th and September 17th.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2017 / New York Road Runners Youth Wheelchair Program Participants Compete in the NYRR 5th Avenue Mile Event
On Sunday, September 10, twelve participants from the New York Road Runners (NYRR) Youth Wheelchair Training Program competed in the NYRR 5th Avenue Mile event. Seven of the program’s participants competed in the full mile race, and five participants competed in the quarter-mile race.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2017 / One-day research seminar on the protection of personal data , with the SNF’s support
As part of its Recharging The Youth Initiative, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supported a one-day research seminar, organized by the Centre of International and European Economic Law (CIEEL), entitled “ The protection of personal data at the areas of freedom, security and justice – Based on the new applied General Regulation EE 2016/679’’.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The National Herald: Benefactors of the Greek education
The weekly edition of the Magazine of the newspaper The National Herald hosts a tribute entitled “Benefactors of the Greek education”, in which extensive reference is made to the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and, more specifically, to the contribution of the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, to the field of education in the Diaspora.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2017 / SNF Supports the Teacher Advisor platform
Τhe Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in collaboration with IBM, is supporting the electronic platform TeacherAdvisor.org, that will offer 1,000 math lessons, strategies, and videos.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2017 / To Vima: Isles of Progress
Τhe Sunday edition of the newspaper "To Vima" hosts an op-ed on the SNFCC, exalting both the design of its buildings and its services as well as the way the project was organized and implemented.
- 15 SEPTEMBER 2017 / National Herald – “Andreas Dracopoulos – In the Pantheon of Greece’s historic figures”
The National Herald hosts an extensive feature on The New York Times's article regarding the SNF’s landmark gift of $55 million to The New York Public Library.