- 14 MARCH 2018 / Event for the Completion of the Illuminart and the Virtual Aquarium Project Implemented by Art dans la Cité in Hospitals in Greece and France
On Friday, March 16th, 2018, the Aglaia Kyriakou Children’s Hospital in Athens organizes an event to celebrate the completion of the “Illuminart and the Virtual Aquarium” project implemented by the organization Art dans la Cité in three hospitals in Greece and in France: The Aglaia Kyriakou Children’s Hospital, the pediatric and orthopaedic surgery ward in Hospital Armand Trousseau in Paris and the Centre for physical rehabilitation in Bonifacio Hospital in Corsica.
- 14 MARCH 2018 / Seminar for Greek Educators held by the Jewish Museum of Greece
On Thursday, March 15th, and Friday, March 16th, 2018, the Jewish Museum of Greece will host its 23rd seminar for educators, entitled: “Teaching about the Holocaust in Greece”.
- 13 MARCH 2018 / Auditions for the Performance by Konstantinos Rigos at the SNFestival
Among the talented Greek and international artists that comprise the dance landscape of this year’s Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), choreographer and Director of the Greek National Opera Ballet, Konstantinos Rigos, will recreate the emblematic work “Le Sacre du Printemps."
- 13 MARCH 2018 / Congratulations to the Onassis Foundation/Onassis Cultural Center in New York on the international distinction for the “A World of Emotions: Greece, 700 BC-200 AD” exhibition!
The SNF family congratulates the Onassis Foundation/Onassis Cultural Center in New York for receiving the Global Fine Art Awards (GFAA)’s 2017 Youniversal Award for “A World of Emotions: Ancient Greece, 700 BC – 200 AD”!
- 10 MARCH 2018 / Establishment of the SNF Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University
On Friday, March 9, 2018, the Board of Trustees at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, passed a resolution supporting the establishment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University.
- 09 MARCH 2018 / Inauguration of the Renovated Day Care Center of the “PAMMAKARISTOS” Children’s Foundation
On Thursday, March 8th, 2018, the “PAMMAKARISTOS” Children’s Foundation held an event for the inauguration of its renovated Day Care Center, in which support services to more than 114 children and young people with autism and mental disabilities will be provided.
- 09 MARCH 2018 / DIALOGUES: Stereotypes
On Wednesday March 21st, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is hosting the fifth event of its monthly series DIALOGUES, on “Stereotypes”. The event will take place at the Orchestra Rehearsal Room of the Greek National Opera at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center at 17:00 (EET).
- 09 MARCH 2018 / The New York Times Profiles Sunitha Krishnan, 2016 Tällberg Global Leader
The New York Times recently profiled Sunitha Krishnan, a recipient of the 2016 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize, which is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 08 MARCH 2018 / The Delivery of the Vehicles to EKAV’s Branches across Greece to be Completed in a Few Days
As part of its Initiative against the Greek crisis, and in addition to its regular grant-making activity, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced in April, 2017, a grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling €14 million, which entails the procurement of 143 state-of-the-art and fully equipped ambulances, as well as their full service and maintenance for a period of 8 years.