- On Monday, June 10, Carnegie Hall hosted is Medal of Excellence Gala in New York City. The event honored Dr. Vartan Gregorian, president of Carnegie Corporation New York, a grant making foundation.
- For most children, the environment means nature, trees, sea, sun, wind, maybe even recycling. But on Monday, June 10, female students, ages 10-16, had the opportunity, through the “GIRLS DAY” event, to learn something else related to the environment: green jobs.
- In memory of our dear colleague Kathryn Louloudis, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) provided support for two new grants through the Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) for research on disparities in lung cancer. LCRF announced today the awardees of these grants.
- Every artist should have the time, the freedom, and the financial means to pursue their art. ARTWORKS is here to create the right conditions for Greek artists, offering them financial support and opportunities to showcase their work through the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Artist Fellowship Program.
- Agiou Mina Street in Thessaloniki takes us back some 60 years, when the tram used to cross it, to continue along Tsimiski Street.
- With the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the Center for European Constitutional Law – Themistokles and Dimitris Tsatsos Foundation has implemented an innovative civic program entitled “Young Citizens and the Constitution.”
- Castello Sforzesco in Milan will be filled with melodies by Manos Hadjidakis for a magical evening on Tuesday, June 11. As part of the three-year tribute to the Greek composer, and the festival platform Milano incontra la Grecia, the Alternative Stage of the Greek National Opera (GNO) presents piano works by Hadjidakis performed by two distinguished young Greek pianists, Stefanos Thomopoulos and Thodoris Tzovanakis.
- From Amorgos, to Evia, and then to Andritsaina within less than a month.
- The young people who participate in New York’s Madison Square Boys and Girls Club say that it’s hard to overstate how important the organization’s clubhouses are in their lives.