- 22 February 2019 / The Patrick & Joan Leigh Fermor Centre Will Soon Open its Doors to the Public
Only a few kilometers from the village of Kardamyli, three traditional stone buildings nestle into an estate full of wildflowers and olive, cypress, and pistachio trees. This is the Patrick & Joan Leigh Fermor House, which is expected to reopen its doors to the public in June 2019 for guided tours and organized visits, upon the completion of repair and restoration works.
- 20 February 2019 / Completion of SNF’s Grant for the Replacement of Radiotherapy Equipment around Greece
Οn Thursday, February 14th, 2019, two new linear accelerators were inaugurated in the Radiotherapy Department of Attikon University General Hospital through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 20 February 2019 / Conference Celebrates Athens as “European Capital of Innovation 2018”
On Wednesday, February 20th, a conference was to mark the occasion of Athens being named “European Capital of Innovation 2018.” Representatives of the European Union and other innovation capitals (iCapitals), as well as partners and supporters, participated.
- 20 February 2019 / Are you Looking for a Paid Internship? Explore opportunities at the SNFCC!
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) announced a new round of paid internships, designed for young people ages 18 to 35, for a total of 62 positions.
- 18 February 2019 / PEk/AmeA Honors the SNF
On Friday, February 15th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the efforts of the Educational Center for People with Disabilities in Piraeus (PEk/AmeA), as part of the organization’s award ceremony for supporters.
- 18 February 2019 / Are you a Museum Professional in Greece? Here’s an Exciting Opportunity for You.
Art UK has launched a knowledge-exchange program for six museum professionals from Greece to learn about its innovative “Masterpieces in Schools” initiative, which is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 15 February 2019 / iMEdD Celebrates Launch with a 24-hour Program of Events
The incubator for Media Education and Development (iMEdD) officially launched today with a 24-hour program including panel and audience discussions, presentations by journalists, music, film screenings, and food for thought on the future of journalism, as well as the latest installment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) monthly DIALOGUES series. Based in Athens, iMEdD is a non-profit organization founded in 2018 with the exclusive support of the SNF.
- 15 February 2019 / “Bridging America’s Civil-Military Divide” with the SNF Agora Institute
On Thursday, March 7th, the Philip Merrill Center for Strategic Studies and the Strategic Studies Department at Johns Hopkins University will present “Bridging America’s Civil-Military Divide,” in collaboration with the University’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute.
- 15 February 2019 / DIALOGUES: Journalism, the Day After
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation presented the February installment of the monthly DIALOGUES series, dedicated to JOURNALISM: The Day After. The event took place on February 15th.