- 08 November 2018 / Athens Wins 2018 European Capital of Innovation Award
Athens was named European Capital of Innovation of the year! The results were announced on November 6th, at the Web Summit in Lisbon. The cities competing for the €1 million prize, in addition to Athens, were Toulouse (France), Hamburg (Germany), Leuven (Belgium), Umeå (Sweden) and Aarhus (Denmark).
- 08 November 2018 / Super Puma Helicopter, Granted by SNF, Contributed Significantly to this Year’s Fire-fighting Efforts in Greece
At the conclusion of this year’s firefighting period, the Hellenic Fire Department’s Aerial Service reported that the Super Puma helicopter acquired with a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) in 2005 was heavily used in combating this year’s fires, completing more than 200 hours of flight.
- 06 November 2018 / Hellenic Army Academy Celebrates its 190th Anniversary since Establishment, with the SNF’s support
On Monday, November 5th, 2018, the Hellenic Army Academy organized an event to celebrate its 190th anniversary.
- 06 November 2018 / Dorrance Dance and 500 Kids at Guggenheim Rotunda Performance
On Thursday, November 1st, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) representatives attended performance by Dorrance Dance at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, the latest installment of the Works & Process Rotunda Projects series.
- 06 November 2018 / The SNF Participates in a Workshop by the Municipality of Kallithea on the Need for the Metro’s Extension to the Coastal Zone
On Tuesday, November 6th, 2018, the Municipality of Kallithea is organizing a workshop on “The Need to Extend the Metro to the Coastal Zone: Design, Timetables, Synergies” at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 05 November 2018 / NY Landmarks Conservancy Honors SNF Partner, Dr. Thomas Sculco
On Thursday, November 1st, 2018, the New York Landmarks Conservancy held its annual Living Landmarks Celebration, honoring exceptional New Yorkers.
- 05 November 2018 / The SNF to Receive Award for its Contribution in the field of Radiotherapy in Greece
On Saturday, November 3rd, 2018, representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) attended a one-day workshop, which was held by the Hellenic Society of Radiation Oncologists, focusing on collaborative approaches to cancer treatment.
- 05 November 2018 / Launching Event of the “Cultural Route of Epirus’ Ancient Theaters” Program, supported by SNF
On Saturday, November 3rd, 2018, the launching event of the “Cultural Route of Epirus’ Ancient Theaters” program was held in Ioannina. The program is organized by the regional government of Epirus in collaboration with the association “DIAZOMA”.
- 05 November 2018 / 2018 SNF Lecture at Yale University with Dr. Michael Herzfeld
On Thursday, November 1st, 2018, Yale University hosted its annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture in Hellenic Studies with Michael Herzfeld, “Greece in a Larger Universe: The Perils of Exceptionalism.”