- 28 January 2019 / Audiences Applaud Support for Greek Cinema
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is proud to support the Hellenic Film Society USA (HFS) in its mission of introducing American audiences to Greek cinema.
- 25 January 2019 / Fundación Exit Targets Youth Unemployment in Spain’s Balearic Islands
With support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Fundación Exit has launched a new stage of its Yob Project, which helps counter youth unemployment, in Spain’s Balearic Islands.
- 24 January 2019 / “The U.S. Withdraws: Syria and Afghanistan” at the CSIS Schieffer Series
On Wednesday, January 23rd, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, D.C., hosted the latest installment in the Schieffer Series, “The U.S. Withdraws: Syria and Afghanistan.” The series, hosted by renowned journalist Bob Schieffer, is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 24 January 2019 / An Exciting New Project for a Former SNF Colleague
An article in Sotheby’s Magazine profiles the new Hill Art Foundation, its founder J Tomilson Hill, and its executive director Sarah Needham, a former Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Program Officer.
- 23 January 2019 / A Grant by the SNF Enhances the Security of New York Residents
On Tuesday, January 22nd, the New York Police Department (NYPD) and the New York City Police Foundation, a Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantee, presented an innovative new program called Options. Representatives of SNF attended the event.
- 21 January 2019 / Anything but tame, The Great Tamer makes its US debut
On Friday, January 11th, Dimitris Papaioannou’s The Great Tamer made its United States debut, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 21 January 2019 / In Search of Intelligent Debate? Try the SNF Agora Institute
On Friday, January 18th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University hosted student debates moderated by ABC News and PBS NewsHour correspondent and Intelligence Squared moderator John Donvan.
- 19 January 2019 / The NGO “Regeneration & Progress,” an SNF grantee, Hosts a Celebratory event
On the occasion of the New Year, the NGO Regeneration & Progress hosted a celebratory event commemorating five years of the Mobile Medical Units program with representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) in attendance.
- 18 January 2019 / Tällberg Foundation Ηosted “Inside Every Utopia is Dystopia” Workshop in Boston
On Thursday, January 17th, Stavros Niarchos Foundation partner and grantee the Tällberg Foundation hosted its second event in a series of conversations on society and technology: “Inside Every Utopia is Dystopia: An Exploration.”