- For the past four months, the Imagination lab at London’s Institute of Imagination (iOi) has become “The Firebird Lab,” transformed by holder of iOi’s 2019 Cultural Residency, BitterSuite.
- During the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) “Back to the Roots” DIALOGUES event on Saturday, July 13 in the Laconian village of Vamvakou, SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos announced a new addition to the Foundation’s major Health Initiative in Greece.
- A day of events in Vamvakou, Laconia, including SNF’s monthly DIALOGUES conversation
- The seeds of innovative ideas in the agri-food sector have been sown, and now we expect to watch them grow. Five teams received awards for their ideas on Thursday, July 11, at the finals of the Trophy – Τροφή Challenge Agro-food Competition.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the NGO “Champions for Life” collaborated for a series of events that took place for the celebration of the 15th anniversary of the Euro 2004 Championship.
- Yet another major international honor for the Greek National Opera (GNO)! The GNO’s Educational and Social Activities project Co-OPERAtive: An intercultural and collaborative opera hub for young people won the 2019 Fedora Prize for Education, competing with projects of organizations such as the Parisian Théâtre de la Ville, the English National Ballet, and Opéra de Lille.
- Through “Return trip: a new horizon of opportunities for contemporary Greek dance,” Greek choreographers and dancers have the chance to connect with the wider European dance scene, in collaboration with Fondazione Nazionale della Danza, known as Aterballetto.
- Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) Surgeon-in-Chief Emeritus Dr. Thomas Sculco sat down recently with HSS’s Dr. Edwin Su for a discussion on TKA, Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- SNF’s Health Initiative seeks to address Greece’s greatest needs in the field, as discussed by the SNF and the Greek Ministry of Health, with which the initiative is implemented. The aim of the Health Initiative, announced in September of 2017, is to enhance medical and nursing care and, by extension, the health of Greece’s inhabitants by drawing on a budget of more than $380 million.