- A mysterious cache of broken figurines. An Aegean maritime sanctuary older than known worship of gods there. Thousands of tons of marble used to transform a landform into an enormous “pyramid.”
- The Greek island of Chios is known for its traditional villages, the historical estate of Kampos, its distinctively flavored mastic resin and its citrus.
- Socrates may have corrupted the youth of Athens with philosophy, but the Socrates Sculpture Park is delighting the youth of New York with summer arts programming.
- The summer 2019 season of Classical Theatre of Harlem’s Uptown Shakespeare in the Park wrapped up last week.
- Nearly a quarter of young people in Italy are not engaged in employment, education, or training, one of the highest rates of disengagement in the European Union.
- On Thursday, July 25, 2019, the 11th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative took place between representatives of the Greek state and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- Only a few kilometers from the village of Kardamyli, there is an estate full of olive trees, cypresses, pistachio trees and wildflowers with three traditional stone buildings.
- In early June, the installation of the first linear accelerator was completed at the 401 Military Hospital of Athens. On July 22, it was first put into use, and it will be fully operational by September, 2019.
20 JULY 2019The SNF Supports a Feasibility Study for the Renovation of the Archaeological Museum of AthensAs part of its ongoing work in the area of arts and culture, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is supporting the preparation of a feasibility study for the renovation of the National Archaeological Museum of Athens and the surrounding area.