- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC) welcomes summer by collaborating with ARTWORKS to transform the Dome into a welcoming new terrain—a public meeting place featuring works of contemporary art that propose modern readings of Greek myths in an inventive architectural setting.
- From July 25 to August 14, LAPSE by Stavros Gasparatos and Lars Jan in will be on exhibit at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in the Left Wing of the Greek National Opera’s Stavros Niarchos Hall.
- Through two new initiatives, one series of video sessions and another of podcasts, Field of Life is expanding its offerings for kids. The nonprofit is meeting with popular athletes, artists, and professionals from a diversity of fields and opening up conversations that spark discovery, promote learning, and share knowledge and experiences that could be useful to young people.
- Recent forest fires in areas of Greece traditional firefighting vehicles can’t reach have highlighted the need for aerial intervention by specialized teams that can get to remote and otherwise inaccessible areas. To bridge this gap, Greek firefighters needed additional training.
- There are kids who travel miles and miles from their homes for the chance at a better tomorrow, ending up in an unknown country without parents, relatives, or anyone they know, without a place to stay or a means of supporting themselves.
14 JULY 2022Civility in Public Service Award honors politicians collaborating across the aisle for child mental healthIn Delaware, 86% of schools don’t have a social worker, leaving many kids without access to the mental health resources they need. But that situation is about to change, thanks to two state representatives who are bucking the stereotype that politicians from opposite ends of the political spectrum can’t work together to make necessary progress.
- The youngest residents of remote islands may live by the sea, but they don’t know how to swim well, and although there are plenty of empty and open spaces where they can play, they end up spending multiple hours in front of a screen.
- A huge celebration on the mountain, in the midst of the summer. An authentic village life experience. A meeting between the people of Vamvakou, visitors, and all those who love to return to the village again and again.