- 07 JUNE 2019 / Ratification by Law of the Grant Agreements for the Supply of EKAV Equipment and the Installation of Medical Equipment in Public Hospitals
On Friday, June 7, 2019, two separate grant contracts of the “Health Initiative” between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek state were ratified by the Greek Parliament.
- 07 JUNE 2019 / SNF Travels the Greek Paths of Culture in Thrace
There are many reasons to visit Thrace. To this long list, another item has just been added: The Greek Paths of Culture. The Elliniki Etairia - Society for the Environment & Cultural Heritage (ELLET) is celebrating the inauguration of The Greek Paths of Culture in Thrace with a three-day festival (June 7-9), and—naturally—hiking will be a big part of it.
- 07 JUNE 2019 / Brighter Futures for Women and Community, through Εducation
A college degree can lay the foundations for career opportunity, personal fulfillment, and thriving families and communities.
- 06 JUNE 2019 / Together Towards a Society without Discrimination
“My mother took me to church, believing that daily prayer could cure my ‘disease.’I believed it too. I thought that if I did not expel my attraction to the same sex, I would end up in hell."
- 06 JUNE 2019 / Summer Camp in Vamvakou: Opening the Road for the Revival of the Village
In July, Vamvakou’s population of only eleven permanent residents, will multiply many times over.
- 06 JUNE 2019 / A New Era for an Old School in Elassona
In a village on the southwestern slopes of Mount Olympus, the bell is ringing festively for the students of the Primary School and Kindergarten of Karya, Elassona. The school organized a great celebration for teachers, students, parents and all of us at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) on Friday, June 7, marking the completion of the school’s construction works.
- 05 JUNE 2019 / Scoring Goals against Social Exclusion with the Barça Foundation and the SNF
French soccer player Lilian Thuram, who will go down in history for the two goals he scored in France’s 1998 semifinal match against Croatia as well as for his overall hard work and defensive abilities, will be in Athens on June 5 and 6 to create positive memories for more than 300 children living in refugee centers in Skaramangas and Eleonas.
- 03 JUNE 2019 / Something Magical in the Water: A Colorful new Feature Bubbles up at the SNFCC
If you had to attribute one of Aristotle’s five elements to the nature of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), your choice would be clear: water.
- 03 JUNE 2019 / Are you a Librarian? Join your colleagues for the World Library and Information Congress!
If you are a librarian, you may already know about the World Library and Information Congress organized by the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA).