- 15 January 2021 / A Conversation with the Mayor of Sparta on the City’s Future
Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta, will join the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for Hellenic Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles for a conversation on his city’s rich history and promising future.
- 14 January 2021 / Robin Hood Invests in Nonprofit Leaders of Color with Anchor Grant from SNF
They lead organizations that seek to help reengage young people in education after involvement in the criminal justice system and to help New Yorkers from marginalized communities secure the preparation they need to access quality employment opportunities.
- 11 January 2021 / New York Times Names Editor to Lead Headway Initiative
Matt Thompson, who has held leadership roles at Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting, The Atlantic, and NPR, has been selected to lead the Headway initiative at The New York Times.
- 08 January 2021 / Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, Supported by SNF, Passes 1 Billion Views
Since March 2020, Johns Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Resource Center has been a go-to source for information on the spread of COVID-19 and the virus that causes it.
- 08 January 2021 / UCLA’s Hellenic Studies Center Kicks off 2021 Events with Virtual Tour of Cycladic Museum
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture at the University of California, Los Angeles has announced a rich and varied schedule of public events for 2021, focusing on topics from Watergate, to a heroine of the Greek Revolution, to ancient Athenian democracy, to Thessaloniki’s Jewish cemetery, and beyond.
- 07 January 2021 / How Do We Ethically Distribute Vaccines? A New York Stem Cell Foundation Series Explores
Having overcome immense scientific hurdles to develop safe and effective vaccines in record time, we are now faced with another daunting challenge. How do we distribute them ethically and in such a way as to end the pandemic as expeditiously as possible?
- 01 January 2021 / We Welcome the New Year together with the SNFCC Christmas World!
The joy and magic of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Christmas World, brought to life through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was here once again throughout December.
- 29 December 2020 / Seeing the Pandemic from the Perspective of Doctors Without Borders and the Patients They Care for in Greece and 70 Οther Countries
“I know the entire planet is experiencing the same situation, but the difference for us refugees is that our living conditions, combined with restrictions on movement and the threat of the virus, are doubly stressful. In the camp, five or six of us live in the same container. I know that I cannot stop people from visiting my roommates and I have no choice but to signal that they should keep their distance from me. But that’s all I can do. There is no other alternative. That is the only space where we can live,” says Frederick, a patient of Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières – MSF).
- 28 December 2020 / In Memory of Our Colleague Frank Pepe
It is with great sadness that we bid farewell to a dear friend and colleague of many years, Frank Pepe. Frank’s kindness, his dedication, and his ability to approach any challenge with determination and good nature will be dearly missed.