- 08 JUNE 2017 / Inauguration of the new model structure of the Municipal Clinic of Kipseli, with the SNF support
On Wednesday, June 7th, the first model Municipal Clinic of Kipseli was inaugurated by the Mayor of Athens, Mr. George Kaminis. The building that houses the Municipal Clinic underwent a complete redesign, thus allowing the Clinic to provide holistic support to vulnerable social groups, such as single-parent families, refugees, the uninsured and the homeless.
- 08 JUNE 2017 / The Association “Friends of the Child” honors the SNF, during its supporters’ award ceremony
On the occasion of 30 years of supporting children from vulnerable social groups, on Wednesday, June 7th the Association “Friends of the Child” held an event, at the National Historical Museum, where it honored its major supporters over the years, including the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 07 JUNE 2017 / The first concert of the Young Musicians’ Academy of the Athens State Orchestra at the Athens Concert Hall
The newly formed Young Musicians’ Academy of the Athens State Orchestra gives its first concert on Wednesday, June 7th, at the Athens Concert Hall in celebration of the completion of its one-year pilot operation.
- 07 JUNE 2017 / Annual Spring Gala from The Public Theater
On Monday, June 5th, The Public Theater held their annual spring gala in Central Park. Remarks were given by Arielle Tepper Madover, Chair of the Board of Trustees, Patrick Willingham, Executive Director, and Mandy Hackett, Associate Artistic Director.
- 07 JUNE 2017 / Only Connect!
Never before has it been so easy for people to be in touch with one another. Mass media and mass communications have redrawn maps and erased distances great and small such that nothing seems to stand in the way of me talking to you, you talking to me, us seeing them and them seeing us.
- 06 JUNE 2017 / SNFestival: Detailed program of events
The SNFestival is here with more than 75 events and happenings for all age groups and interests!
- 05 JUNE 2017 / The New York Times on the Brooklyn Community Bail Fund
The New York Times recently published an article about the effects of the bail system on low-income populations. The article discusses the work of SNF grantee, the Brooklyn Community Bail Fund, one of several charities created to pay bail for citizens who would otherwise go to jail for low-level offenses.
- 02 JUNE 2017 / The SNFCC on the French television network France 5
The weekly thematic television show “SILENCE, ça pousse!”, which presents gardening and nature features, held a tribute on the Stavros Niarchos Park, which is introduced as an architectural and natural marvel.
- 02 JUNE 2017 / “Orthographs” Book Presentation by Yiorgis Yerolymbos at MoMA
On Thursday, June 1, “Orthographs” by Yiorgis Yerolymbos was celebrated, at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City.