- 17 October 2018 / The Tällberg Foundation Announces Winners of the 2018 Eliasson Global Leadership Prize, Supported by the SNF
On, Wednesday October 17th, 2018, the Tällberg Foundation announced the winners of the 2018 Eliasson Global Leadership Prize.
- 17 October 2018 / New York Stem Cell Foundation Hosts Annual Gala & Science Fair
On Tuesday, October 16th, 2018, the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) hosted its Annual Gala & Science Fair in New York City. The event was attended by supporters of NYSCF, including representatives of the SNF.
- 16 October 2018 / Presentation of Short Films by the Participating Filmmakers of ARTWORKS’ 1st SNF Artist Fellowship Program
On Monday, October 15th, 2018, ARTWORKS, which was created with a founding grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), presented a selection of short films covering a range of genres (fiction, documentary and animation).
- 16 October 2018 / The SNF Receives the IIE Humanitarian Award for International Cooperation
On Monday, October 15th, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) received the Humanitarian Award for International Cooperation from the Institute of International Education (IIE) at their annual gala in New York City.
- 16 October 2018 / SNF Landmark Grant to HSS for the Support of the Complex Joint Reconstruction Center
On Tuesday, October 16th, the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York announced a $10 million grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to support the Complex Joint Reconstruction Center (CJRC).
- 16 October 2018 / Event for the Presentation of the Results of the SNF Fellowship Program at the Technical University of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
On October 17th and 18th, the Technical University of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace organizes an event for the presentation of the innovative projects of the 15 young researchers who participated in the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship Program.
- 16 October 2018 / International Symposium by the Hellenic Authors’ Society Explores the Future of Writing, with the SNF’s Support
On Thursday the 18th and Friday the 19th of October, the Hellenic Authors’ Society hosts an international symposium, titled “Why Read: The Role of Writers and Books in the 21st Century”. The symposium is held as part of the Athens 2018 World Book Capital events of the Municipality of Athens, for which lead support is provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 12 October 2018 / “Train the Trainers” Workshops, as part of the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” Project, Supported by SNF
Between October 12th and 14th, 2018, the first round of a series of “Train the Trainers” workshops will be conducted in the area of Pieria, within the framework of the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” program.
- 11 October 2018 / The New York Times Features The SNFCC in an Article About Athens
The New York Times in its popular column 36 Hours features the city of Athens in an article entitled: “36 Hours in Athens: From the ancient Acropolis to a daring Renzo Piano-designed cultural center, the Greek capital is luring record numbers of tourists to explore its monuments, new and old.”