- 31 AUGUST 2018 / September 2018 at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes September, the month of new beginnings, with an exciting program of events, which includes concerts with guests from the international and Greek music scene, theater and dance performances.
- 30 AUGUST 2018 / The President of the Hellenic Republic, Prokopis Pavlopoulos, Visits the Ecclesiastical Museum of Amorgos, Established with an SNF grant
On August 6th, 2018, the island of Amorgos celebrated the Transfiguration of Jesus, in the presence of the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopis Pavlopoulos.
- 24 AUGUST 2018 / The Sport Paths Program Continues on Greek Remote Islands with the SNF support
In September 2018, the implementation of the Sport Paths program begins on four Greek remote islands, namely Agios Efstratios, Kastelorizo, Lipsi and Tilos.
- 16 AUGUST 2018 / Worldreader Launches Innovative Children’s Mobile Reading Program in Jordan
On August 15th, 2018, Worldreader announced the launch of Tuta Tuta, an innovative mobile reading program designed to encourage frequent reading to young children in Jordan.
- 16 AUGUST 2018 / The New York Times Highlights Film Forum
On July 31st, 2018, the New York Times published an article highlighting the influential work of Film Forum, in light of its recent renovation and expansion, titled “How Influential is Film Forum? Christopher Nolan and Others Explain.”
- 14 AUGUST 2018 / Message for Genoa
Our thoughts are with the people of Genoa and our friends and partners at the RPBW, following today’s immense tragedy at one of the city’s bridges.
- 10 AUGUST 2018 / Update on the Progress of SNF’s Emergency Grant to Support the Hellenic Fire Department
Today we met with the Chief of the Hellenic Fire Department at the latter’s Coordination Center, where the leadership of the Department is currently based due to the increased wildfire risks of the season.
- 08 AUGUST 2018 / The National Library of Greece Has Begun its Pilot Operation at the SNFCC
In July, 2018, the National Library of Greece (NLG) has started its pilot operation in its new premises at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 08 AUGUST 2018 / The French Magazine, Le Point, Published Tribute to the SNFCC
The French weekly magazine, Le Point, featured an extensive article, under the title “The new temple of Athens”, exalting the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’s landscape and design. The article particularly notes that the SNFCC is “an emblematic space of the Greek capital that sees itself again becoming attractive, creative, away from the sad images of the financial crisis”.