- 22 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF Supports the Environmental Campaign with Yann Arthus Bertrand in Monaco
On Wednesday December 20th and Thursday December 21st, 2017, the association “Monacology” organized a two-day environmental program with the participation of the well-known French photographer, journalist, reporter and environmentalist, Yann Arthus Bertrand, aiming to show the challenges of preserving ecosystems, to raise awareness on the preservation of the environment and to raise awareness about the constraints of sustainable development.
- 22 DECEMBER 2017 / IRC and Sesame Workshop Awarded 100&Change Prize by the MacArthur Foundation
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation announced Sesame Workshop and International Rescue Committee (IRC) as the winners of their 100&Change global prize, consisting of a $100 million grant over 5 years from the MacArthur Foundation.
- 22 DECEMBER 2017 / 22 Vehicles Delivered to the National Center for Emergency Care as Part of the SNF’s Grant Totaling €14 Million
22 vehicles were delivered today to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV) as part of the SNF”s grant to the organization totaling €14 million.
- 22 DECEMBER 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University’s Annual Publication
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University (SFU) has released Volume 5 of, Agora, their annual publication of the Centre and its academic program.
- 20 DECEMBER 2017 / DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit
Today, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) held the second event of its new monthly series, DIALOGUES, entitled "DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit". The event took place at the Book Castle of the National Library of Greece, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 19 DECEMBER 2017 / Comprehensive used clothing management system, Fabric Republic: No Empty Clothes (N.E.C), supported by the SNF
The innovative project “Fabric Republic” establishes partnerships with NGOs to encourage sustainable and effective management of used and surplus clothing for the benefit of vulnerable social groups.
- 18 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF receives honorary award from the Greek Council for Refugees
At a ceremony which was held on Friday, December 15th, 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was given an honorary award from the Greek Council for Refugees as an acknowledgement of the SNF’s longstanding contribution to the organization’s work of protecting the rights of refugees in Greece.
- 18 DECEMBER 2017 / Presentation of the results of the University of Athens’ teacher training program on civic education funded by the SNF
On Saturday, December 16th, 2017, the scientific team of the University of Athens’ teacher training project held a one-day seminar, entitled “Facets of democracy and Challenges in Education”.
- 15 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports the 23rd edition of the U Giru de Natale race in Monaco.
On Sunday, December 17th, 2017, Monaco welcomes U Giru de Natale, a popular sports event which has been taking place every year, since 1994, before Christmas, aiming to encourage engagement in sports activities, particularly amongst young people.