- 17 January 2019 / Professor Daniel Ziblatt on “How Democracies Die” at the SNF Agora Institute
On Wednesday, January 16th, Daniel Ziblatt, Eaton Professor of the Science of Government at Harvard University and a visiting scholar at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University, discussed his latest book, the New York Times bestseller How Democracies Die.
- 17 January 2019 / Financial Journalism Training Program Εxpands to Zambia
On Monday, January 21st, Bloomberg Media Initiative Africa’s Financial Journalism Training Program arrives in Zambia with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 16 January 2019 / Farewell to the Latest Cohort of SNFCC Interns
After 24 weeks of work, co-operation, and lovely memories, the summer/autumn internship program at Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has reached its conclusion.
- 16 January 2019 / SNF Gives Journalists a Boost
There’s broad consensus that journalism—and journalists—around the world are facing unprecedented challenges.
- 15 January 2019 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Supports Journalism in Greece through a Scholarship Program in Collaboration with the Columbia University School of Journalism
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced a call for applications for the scholarship program for Greek journalists offered in collaboration with the Columbia University School of Journalism.
- 14 January 2019 / Summer Nostos Festival 2019: Program Announcement
Stavros Niarchos Foundation presents a week full of music, dance, arts, and sports; the 8th SNF Conference and the 2nd SNF Agora Institute Workshop; the SNF RUN: Running into the Future; kids and family activities; an impressive fireworks show; and much more!
- 14 January 2019 / The Mobile Medical Units Traveled to the Greek Island of Schinoussa
Following their latest visit to Anafi, the Mobile Medical Units traveled to the island of Schinoussa, from January 11th to 13th, to provide free comprehensive medical care and support to the residents of the remote island.
- 14 January 2019 / Event Held by SNF Grantee, Greek Frogmen Association
On Sunday, January 13th, 2019, a New Year’s cake-cutting event was held by the Greek Frogmen Association at the Yacht Club of Greece. Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) representatives participated in the event and were presented with a plaque recognizing SNF's positive contribution to Greek society.
- 14 January 2019 / SNF Grantee, National Center for Emergency Care, Commemorates Fallen Rescuers
On Monday, January 14th, the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV) held an event marking “Rescuer’s Sacrifice Day” in honor of the memory of all EKAV employees who lost their lives in the line of duty. The event took place in the amphitheater of EKAV’s Operations Center, in the presence of the President of the Republic, the political leadership of the Ministry of Health, and representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).