- 11 April 2019 / World Leaders Forum with the Tällberg Foundation at Columbia University
What kind of leadership is required to meet the challenges of today and foresee the challenges of tomorrow? The Tällberg Foundation’s 2018 Eliasson Prize and Columbia’s Committee on Global Thought met for a discussion that incorporated global perspectives.
- 11 April 2019 / A Book on the Work of Civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos, now Available in Digital Format
Civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos (1891-1973) was in charge of the planning and design of a vast number of private and public construction projects in Athens. His rich work is captured in thousands of documents, photographs, and construction plans preserved by collector Giannis Lambrou and then delivered to MONUMENTA for study, documentation, and finally publication.
- 11 April 2019 / Queen Elizabeth II September 11th Garden hosts Annual Gala
On Wednesday, April 10, 2019, the Queen Elizabeth II September 11th Garden hosted its annual gala in New York City.
- 11 April 2019 / Perimeter Institute Researcher helps Capture Image of Black Hole
In a much anticipated event, the team of the Event Horizon Telescope shared with the world the first ever image of a black hole.
- 10 April 2019 / Τhe Visit of Mobile Medical Units to Alonnissos Has Been Completed
A voyage by the Mobile Medical Units (MMU) to the island of Alonnissos was initially scheduled for the end of March, but was postponed due to bad weather. Undeterred, the people who make up the MMU team organized and coordinated a trip to the island a few days later, from April 5 to 9.
- 10 April 2019 / Matt Winkler, Co-Founder of Bloomberg News, at iMEdD
The new non-profit organization iMEdD hosted Matt Winkler, co-founder of Bloomberg News, as a guest speaker on Wednesday, April 10th. Mr. Winkler gave a talk about his experiences and thoughts on the “next day” of journalism.
- 10 April 2019 / Architectural League of New York hosts President’s Medal Dinner
On Tuesday, April 9, the Architectural League of New York hosted its annual President’s Medal Dinner gala. Ford Foundation president Darren Walker was honored with this year’s President’s Medal.
- 08 April 2019 / DIAZOMA Association Μeeting Explores “Obligation” to Restore Ancient Theaters
The DIAZOMA Association for the protection of ancient theaters held the 6th Meeting of its Corporate Members in Sparta, focusing on “The Restoration of the Ancient Theater as a Local, National and Universal Obligation,” for three days, from Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7.
- 08 April 2019 / Emergency Financial Support for First-Year Undergraduate Students in Central Greece
A new program from the Region of Central Greece aims to provide financial support for first-year undergraduate students whose families live below the poverty line in the area. The program is part of the Region’s social intervention program, Gefyra.