- 08 AUGUST 2018 / The French Magazine, Le Point, Published Tribute to the SNFCC
The French weekly magazine, Le Point, featured an extensive article, under the title “The new temple of Athens”, exalting the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’s landscape and design. The article particularly notes that the SNFCC is “an emblematic space of the Greek capital that sees itself again becoming attractive, creative, away from the sad images of the financial crisis”.
- 07 AUGUST 2018 / Opening of the 2nd “ANO” International Organ Festival on the island of Syros, with the SNF’s Support
The 2nd International Organ Festival “ANO” takes place from August 20th to August 26th, 2018, with free admission, at the St. George’s Cathedral in the area of Ano Syros.
- 03 AUGUST 2018 / The Center for Ballet and the Arts Announces Opening of 2019-2020 Fellowship Application
The Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) has announced the opening of the 2019-2020 CBA Fellowship application. The CBA Fellowship Program invites artists and scholars to the Center to develop self-directed projects.
- 02 AUGUST 2018 / New Regulation for Grants to Public Sector Institutions in Greece
A new regulation in Greece aims to simplify the grantmaking procedures for grants from private entities to public sector institutions. The 55th Article was published at the Official Government Gazette of the Greek Parliament on Monday, July 30th, 2018.
- 02 AUGUST 2018 / Worldreader Releases Results From the LEAP (Libraries, E-Reading, Activities & Partnership) Project in Kenya, Supported by the SNF
On August 1st, 2018, Worldreader, in partnership with the Kenya National Library Service (KNLS), released results from the LEAP (Libraries, E-Reading, Activities & Partnership) project in Kenya. Implemented over 3 years from 2014-2017, the project boosted the transformation of Kenyan public libraries nationally as hubs of information, technology, and progress.
- 01 AUGUST 2018 / Public Mural Art Program in Four Greek Islands with the SNF’s support
From June 28th to July 31st, 2018, UrbanAct implemented a pilot program, titled “Coloring the Greek Islands”, with the participation of Greek and foreign artists.
- 01 AUGUST 2018 / The SNF Supports the 12th Edition of the ASCEN-DANSE Festival “Vertical’été”
From July 27th to July 29th, 2018, the 12th annual ASCEN-DANSE festival “Vertical’été” took place in Mont Dauphin, France. This innovative festival produces vertical arts and contemporary dance within the Vauban fortification of Mont Dauphin, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 01 AUGUST 2018 / Performance of the Syros-based Music School En Hordais & Organois
On Friday, August 3rd, 2018, the student ensemble of the Syros-based music school “En Hordais & Organois” organizes a tribute performance to Syros-born Greek popular music composer, Markos Vamvakaris.
- 31 JULY 2018 / Cancellation of DIALOGUES Event Scheduled for August
Out of respect for the memory of our fellow citizens who lost their lives in the recent devastating fires, and the suffering of their loved ones, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has canceled the DIALOGUES event, which was scheduled for August 31st, 2018, and which was dedicated to Greek traditional festivals.