29 NOVEMBER 2019What’s Inside the “Suitcase Full of Sounds and Images” – A Training Project for NGOsOn Thursday, November 28, the organization Karpos hosted an event at the Serafeio Athletic & Community Complex in Athens to celebrate the conclusion of the media literacy training project for NGO trainers entitled “A Suitcase Full of Sounds and Images.”
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) major ongoing Health Initiative in Greece seeks to expand access to quality medical care around the country.
- On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, a presentation of the special re-edition of the book by Patroclos Karantinos, titled “New School Buildings,” will take place at the 70th Elementary School of Athens “Patroclos Karantinos”.
- The Emperor’s Nightingale takes flight and lands in the traditional Laconian village of Vamvakou.
- How often have we all heard a story and then, when its teller is gone, have regretted not recording it?
- Christmas in Vamvakou combines the magic of wintery mountain scenery, brisk hikes in nature, nights by the fireplace, authentic Greek flavors in the village restaurant, and dozens of other activities for all ages.
26 NOVEMBER 2019Greek Orthodox Archbishop of America visits National Museum of African American History and CultureArchbishop Elpidophoros of America, who leads the Greek Orthodox Church in the United States, paid a visit this summer to the National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C. There, one of his predecessors, Archbishop Iakovos of Blessed Memory, is commemorated for his support of the Civil Rights Movement.
- What early-career Greek artist wouldn’t want to live in the major art metropoles of New York and London for at least a short while?
- On November 26 and 27, an interdisciplinary conference on “Mental Health – New Technologies – Children’s Rights” is taking place in Patras.