- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / The SNF supports Prolepsis’ School Food Aid Program for the Seventh Consecutive Year
The Institute of Preventive Medicine, Environmental & Occupational Health (Prolepsis) implements for the seventh consecutive school year the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program - DIATROFI, supported by a major grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in public schools located in socio economically vulnerable areas.
- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / The international symposium on “Life and climate from Hesiod to Montesquieu ” in France, with the SNF’s support
On October 13th and 14th, the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres organized the international symposium under the theme “Life and climate from Hesiod to Montesquieu” at the ancient Greek dwelling Villa Kérylos in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France.
- 13 OCTOBER 2017 / A $5 million gift by the SNF to create the UCLA Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
A $5 million gift from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will enable UCLA to create the UCLA Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture. The center, which will be housed in the UCLA College, will build on the university’s strengths in Hellenic studies and support research across disciplines ranging from archaeology and classics to languages and digital humanities.
- 12 OCTOBER 2017 / The SNF Supports the “My Greek Table” Series
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the series “My Greek Table with Diane Kochilas” which will begin airing on Public Television in October of 2017.
- 11 OCTOBER 2017 / The SNF Expands its support for The Museum of Modern Art’s Internship Program
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will expand its support for The Museum of Modern Art's 12-month internship program, which places young professionals and graduate students of Greek nationality within the Museum’s various departments.
- 11 OCTOBER 2017 / Inauguration of the renovated Specialized Care Center for the Mother and the Child of the Ark of the World
On Tuesday, October 10th, the Ark of the World held the inauguration of the social structure of the organization, a multipurpose space of solidarity for mothers and children from vulnerable social groups.
- 11 OCTOBER 2017 / Opening of the exhibition ‘Good Fences Make Good Neighbors’ with the SNF’s support
As the culmination of its 40th anniversary year, Public Art Fund presents the citywide exhibition “Good Fences Make Good Neighbors” by world-renowned artist, Ai Weiwei, which opens on Thursday, October 12th and will be on view throughout New York City.
- 11 OCTOBER 2017 / The Municipality of Athens wins prestigious award for its initiatives towards vulnerable social groups
Among 21 countries and a total of 206 entries, the Municipality of Athens was awarded the first prize of EU’s Urban Innovative Actions, accompanied by an award of $5.9 million, for its proposal “Curing the Limbo’’ with regards to refugees’ social integration.
- 10 OCTOBER 2017 / The Center for Talented Youth-Greece marks four years of operation
The Center for Talented Youth – Greece (CTY Greece) begun its operation in 2013, in collaboration with the internationally renowned Johns Hopkins University, with a founding grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).