- 27 February 2019 / A Special Day for the Special Olympics
The Lighting Ceremony for the Flame of Hope is a special day for the Summer Special Olympics. It marks the start of the countdown to the official opening of the games on March 14th in Abu Dhabi while celebrating diversity, inclusion, and the strength of will of the Special Olympics athletes.
- 26 February 2019 / Calling all Young Musicians in Greece! The Mediterranean Youth Orchestra holds Auditions
This week, the Mediterranean Youth Orchestra (MYO) will hold auditions in Greece for young musicians to participate in one of the MYO’s annual round of sessions.
- 25 February 2019 / 2018 Sees 5.3 Million Visits at the SNFCC
Two years after the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) delivered the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) to the people of Greece, SNF’s vision for a public space open and accessible to all has become a reality.
- 25 February 2019 / Interview with George Koumentakis, Artistic Director of the GNO, in Blue Magazine
In a recent interview in the latest edition of Blue Magazine, George Koumentakis, artistic director of the Greek National Opera (GNO), talks about the new era of the GNO and its vision to grow from a regional opera into the equal of international operas in Europe, America, and Asia.
- 22 February 2019 / The Patrick & Joan Leigh Fermor Centre Will Soon Open its Doors to the Public
Only a few kilometers from the village of Kardamyli, three traditional stone buildings nestle into an estate full of wildflowers and olive, cypress, and pistachio trees. This is the Patrick & Joan Leigh Fermor House, which is expected to reopen its doors to the public in June 2019 for guided tours and organized visits, upon the completion of repair and restoration works.
- 20 February 2019 / Completion of SNF’s Grant for the Replacement of Radiotherapy Equipment around Greece
Οn Thursday, February 14th, 2019, two new linear accelerators were inaugurated in the Radiotherapy Department of Attikon University General Hospital through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 20 February 2019 / Conference Celebrates Athens as “European Capital of Innovation 2018”
On Wednesday, February 20th, a conference was to mark the occasion of Athens being named “European Capital of Innovation 2018.” Representatives of the European Union and other innovation capitals (iCapitals), as well as partners and supporters, participated.
- 20 February 2019 / Are you Looking for a Paid Internship? Explore opportunities at the SNFCC!
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) announced a new round of paid internships, designed for young people ages 18 to 35, for a total of 62 positions.
- 18 February 2019 / PEk/AmeA Honors the SNF
On Friday, February 15th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the efforts of the Educational Center for People with Disabilities in Piraeus (PEk/AmeA), as part of the organization’s award ceremony for supporters.