- Ten cancer treatment practices working among underserved populations around the United States will receive grants aiding staff and clinicians there in their work to provide the best care possible.
- On Thursday, December 19th, 2019, the 16th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative took place between representatives of the Greek state and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- January means the holidays are over in Greece, but in the village of Vamvakou, there’s always a reason for festivities. Dozens of events and activities await visitors in January—as they do every month—in the Laconian mountain village.
- Practicing Democracy, the title of a course she’ll be teaching during Johns Hopkins University’s upcoming Intersession program, is something SNF Agora Institute director Hahrie Han thinks a lot about.
- The multifarious field of public humanities has at its core the simple aim of engaging the public in thought and conversation on important ideas. In doing this, the new Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI), part of Columbia’s Institute for Ideas and Imagination, will work to activate latent creative potential in Greece for the public benefit.
17 DECEMBER 2019The SNF and Basketball Legend Panagiotis Giannakis Join Forces for Youth Empowerment and Establish Field of LifeOn Tuesday, December 17, 2019, SNF and basketball legend Panagiotis Giannakis introduced Field of Life, a new nonprofit organization and initiative anchored in Giannakis’s old neighborhood in Southwestern Attica.
- Over the past nine months, 19 creators have been hatching innovative journalistic projects at the iMEdD incubator, leveraging the organization’s expertise, strategic guidance, and tools.
- Now, even more people with disabilities will have the opportunity to experience the unique sense of freedom offered by sailing and contact with the sea, thanks to the “Hellenic Wind4all” program, a major new initiative by the Hellenic Sailing Federation.
- Our pilot is the strangest butterfly in Athens, and our destination is the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).