- 31 OCTOBER 2018 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Supports 251 Air Force General Hospital with a €5.3 million Grant
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of its wider philanthropic activity and continuous support of the health sector in Greece, announces a new major €5.3 million ($6.09 million) grant to 251 Air Force General Hospital in Athens.
- 31 OCTOBER 2018 / The 2018 Athenagoras Human Rights Award
On Saturday, October 27th, 2018, the Athenagoras Human Rights Award was presented to Father Alexander and Presbytera Xanthi Karloutsos at the Order of Saint Andrew’s Grand Banquet.
- 31 OCTOBER 2018 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos Visits Saint Demetrios Greek American School in Astoria
The Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, and the Director of Programs and Strategic Initiatives, Mr. Stelios Vasilakis, paid a visit yesterday to the Saint Demetrios Greek-American School in Astoria, New York.
- 31 OCTOBER 2018 / Greek Filmmakers Take the Screen in Baltimore
A musician loses his dog in Cyprus. A wife tries to foster a rapprochement between her policeman husband and activist daughter. A man’s wife wakes up from a coma, and he is devastated.
- 30 OCTOBER 2018 / Inauguration of New Dialysis Equipment at the General Hospital of Kastoria
On Friday November 1st, 2018, the General Hospital of Kastoria inaugurates the new equipment for its Renal Dialysis Unit, acquired through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 30 OCTOBER 2018 / 24h Expedition in Crete: Looking for the Beginning of Time
Descending the curvy roads of Mount Psiloritis at 4 a.m. is a real challenge—just not for the reasons we’d have expected. It wasn’t that we were tired in body after a long day of filming or in spirit after a long day of of trying to understand the origins of the universe.
- 26 OCTOBER 2018 / 2nd Regular Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative
On Thursday, October 25th, 2018, the 2nd Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative between the Greek State and Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) took place. The Health Initiative is structured around seven new projects, aiming to further enhance the Greek Health sector, with a budget expected to exceed €250 million.
- 26 OCTOBER 2018 / The SNF is a Proud Supporter of the Special Olympics
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is proud to partner with Special Olympics in supporting their mission of empowerment through sport and education.
- 26 OCTOBER 2018 / Athens Among the Finalists for the European Capital of Innovation Award with the SNF’s Support
Athens is one of the six cities to reach the final stages of the 2018 European Capital of Innovation contest.