- 28 January 2021 / SNF Expands Support for Global Greek Education with Grant to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
A two-year grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America’s Department of Greek Education will help enhance education in Greek language, history, culture, and tradition for students in the United States.
- 27 January 2021 / A Virtual Preview of the GNO’s Artistic Programming for the New Year
On Wednesday, January 27, the Greek National Opera (GNO) offered an online preview of its artistic programming for 2021.
- 27 January 2021 / Application Opens for the 2021 New York Stem Cell Foundation Summer Internship Program
High school students, undergraduates, and graduate students can gain insights into the world of stem cell science through paid summer internships in lab research, software engineering, data science, and administration at the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF).
- 26 January 2021 / UCLA Hellenic Center Events Offer a Timely Focus on Jewish Greece
On March 1, Greece will assume the Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. To mark this occasion, UCLA’s SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture is joining with other organizations in hosting a ten-day virtual event series, Heritage and Memory: A Focus on Jewish Greece.
- 26 January 2021 / President Biden and Bill Murray Take Part in Theater of War Poetry Reading
Live readings of “Those Winter Sundays” by Bill Murray and Queen’s Gambit actor Moses Ingram, as well as a recorded reading by U.S. President Joe Biden, will spark conversation at Theater of War Productions’ latest event.
- 25 January 2021 / SNF’s Grantmaking at 25: A Message from Andreas Dracopoulos
- 25 January 2021 / International Day of Education 2021: How United World Schools is Revitalizing Education in Cambodia
To mark International Day of Education 2021, we reflect on UWS’ efforts to get students back into the classroom safely in Cambodia. This would not have been possible without the help of partners such as the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). While so many students continue to experience severe disruption to their education, it’s more important than ever to work together to recover and revitalise education.
- 18 January 2021 / COVID-19 and the Future of Philanthropy: A discussion between SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos and Robin Hood CEO Wes Moore
What did the outbreak of the pandemic reveal about social injustice and racial inequities in our society—and what role should philanthropy play in helping address them?
- 17 January 2021 / SNF Suspends Grant to the Hellenic Sailing Federation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in a letter to the President of the Hellenic Sailing Federation (EIO), expressed its shock and dissatisfaction with the response and the statements of the Federation regarding the very serious allegations by Olympic champion Sofia Bekatorou. SNF is therefore suspending its current grant to the Federation for its sailing training program for athletes with disabilities.