- 30 October 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: The Future of Work
The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the challenges—and opportunities—facing workers and businesses as the way we work evolves.
- 28 October 2020 / Pollyanna Οffers Snapshot of How Independent Schools are Approaching the 2020 Election
Seventy-nine percent of heads of independent schools contacted in a recent survey by Pollyanna and the National Association of Independent Schools say they hope to help their students feel safe and comfortable asking questions about the 2020 election.
- 26 October 2020 / SNF Paideia Program Begins Series on Racism and Anti-racism with Focus on the Economic System
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Paideia Program at the University of Pennsylvania is kicking off a series of 13 interdisciplinary discussion on “Racism and Anti-Racism in Contemporary America” with a conversation on “Income and Wealth Disparities.”
- 22 October 2020 / An Indoor-Outdoor Exhibition by Women Artists, Inspired by Poetry
“Lipiu is what I call the place I've invented to go when I am deeply sad, a state that’s increasingly intense, since all the dressed-up landscapes of the end begin to smell of stagnant water and rotten fruit,” wrote Katerina Anghelaki-Rooke in her poem “Lipiu.”
- 22 October 2020 / Public Humanities Events, from AIDS in 1980s Athens to Zine Workshops
True to its name and mission, the SNF Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) offers a range of public events, from sci-fi film screenings to collaborative creation of a zine documenting our current strange existence as if it were an alien world.
- 22 October 2020 / Progetto Quid, Sustainable Fashion with an Inclusionary Mission, Wins at Green Carpet Fashion Awards
At the virtual ceremony for the 2020 Green Carpet Fashion Awards, introduced by Robert Downey Jr., ethical fashion brand Progetto Quid took home the Responsible Disruption Award.
- 21 October 2020 / A Festival for Young Cinephiles
Plants take their revenge on bullies. Girls learn how to skate in the midst of war in Afghanistan. A soccer team travels from a shantytown in South Africa to the World Youth Cup in Sweden.
- 21 October 2020 / SNF Hellenic Studies Centers in LA and British Columbia Collaborate to Highlight a Fascinating Figure
Eva Palmer Sikelianos lived such an extraordinary and unusual life in Greece that it’s still a subject of fascination 100 some years later.
- 20 October 2020 / Myrto is Finally Swimming Free
Let’s start with the introductions. Her name is Myrto, she comes from the Northern Aegean, and she’s somewhere between 15 and 20 years old. Myrto is one of the 70 to 80 sea turtles ARCHELON treats and rehabilitates every year.