- 10 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Presentation of the Ε-Ticketing System for Archaeological Sites, Monuments and Museums at the 83rd Thessaloniki International Fair
The official presentation of the e-ticketing system for archaeological sites, monuments and museums took place on Saturday, September 8th, 2018, on the first day of the 83rd Thessaloniki International Fair. The project is implemented with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the National Bank of Greece, by the Ministry of Culture and Sports and the Archaeological Receipts and Expropriations Fund.
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2018 / SNF Internship Program: Call for applications for Winter and Summer 2019
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) launches today a call for applications for the next round of Winter and Summer 2019 internships. The application deadline is Monday, October 10th, 2018.
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNFCC’s Stavros Niarchos Park was Honored at the European Garden Award 2018/2019
The Stavros Niarchos Park at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was honored with the 1st Prize of the European Garden Award 2018 / 2019 for the category of “Innovative Contemporary Design of a Park or Garden”. The award ceremony was held on September 7th, 2018, in Germany.
- 05 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Inauguration of the New Facilities of the Elderly Care Unit of Lixouri in Kefalonia
On Tuesday, September 4th, 2018, the new building that houses the Elderly Care Unit of Lixouri was inaugurated on the island of Kefalonia. The former’s facilities had suffered severe damages, following the earthquakes that hit the island in 2014.
- 05 SEPTEMBER 2018 / National September 11 Memorial & Museum Annual Benefit Dinner
On Tuesday, September 4th, 2018, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum held its Annual Benefit Dinner in New York City. Michael R. Bloomberg, Chairman of the Memorial & Museum hosted the event.
- 04 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF Supports Greek Teams Participating in the 2018 World Finals of the International Student Competition F1 in Schools
Three student teams will represent Greece at the 2018 World Finals of the international STEM student competition F1 in Schools that will take place from September 9th to September 12th, 2018, in Singapore. The teams come from six schools, both public and private.
- 31 AUGUST 2018 / September 2018 at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes September, the month of new beginnings, with an exciting program of events, which includes concerts with guests from the international and Greek music scene, theater and dance performances.
- 30 AUGUST 2018 / The President of the Hellenic Republic, Prokopis Pavlopoulos, Visits the Ecclesiastical Museum of Amorgos, Established with an SNF grant
On August 6th, 2018, the island of Amorgos celebrated the Transfiguration of Jesus, in the presence of the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopis Pavlopoulos.
- 24 AUGUST 2018 / The Sport Paths Program Continues on Greek Remote Islands with the SNF support
In September 2018, the implementation of the Sport Paths program begins on four Greek remote islands, namely Agios Efstratios, Kastelorizo, Lipsi and Tilos.